1. This forum is in read-only mode.

File Request: A certain game save...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by thisisanaccount, Aug 11, 2010.

1. A save of Gran Turismo 2 (it has to be in .mcr or .mcd format) that's got the secret CLK Race Car on it, and if possible, other hidden cars. Found a DexDrive save with the car on it and changed the file type to one my emulator would read, but it acted like there was no memory card in slot 2, which is where I put the card in. So, anyone got a save like that?

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Is this for the original Gran Turismo for the PSX?

If you're using an emulator, can't you just cheat the hell out of the game and get your secret car?

If it isn't reading slot 2, try putting it in slot 1 to see if it reads.

3. It's Gran Turismo 2. I don't remember Gran Turismo 1 having any secret cars. And I'll try putting the card in slot 1, since I got the "no card in slot 2" error when attempting data transfer.

Update: I tried slot 1, but the game loaded up as if there were no memory card in slot 1.

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

You're using an emulator so why not just use the built in cheat program provided with ePSXe 1.6 or 1.7 or whatever you're using.

Second, I'd double check the way you converted the file. It's probably not reading because it wasn't converted correctly.

5. I probably didn't convert the file correctly (i just renamed the file and changed the extension from .gme to .mcr. But I'm not using ePSXe, I'm using "psxfin", which does run the memory card type ePSXe uses, butdoesn't run DexDrive saves. Anyway, can someone just find me a game save that I specified?

6. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

You have to use a program to convert the save file, i had to do the same to get the saves from gamefaqs for Persona 2 to work. I forgot what i used to convert it though.

7. Nice. Could use that. If you can the program again, paste a link in this thread, cause I found a save on Gamefaqs that has the car I want, plus another save with a bunch of hybrids that I wanna try. And has anyone found .mcr or .mcd file with the CLK Race Car?