1. This forum is in read-only mode.

File Differences In Copied PS2 Games vs Burned Iso's

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Lycanthrokeith, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Hi, everyone.

I'm using Magic Slide/Swap Magic 3.6 with an original model PS2. Typically, I've obtained my PS2 discs by making direct copies from the original discs, using a combo of Any DVD and either Nero or Cyberlink Power2Go.

I've recently downloaded some of the PS2 iso's and compared them to copied discs I had. I've noticed a couple odd things:

1) The copied discs have several files and folders visible in them, as opposed to the single iso on the download. The iso's also tend to be larger than the directly copied discs by about .2 GB on average. Will either of these make a difference in the PS2 being able to access everything?

2) One of the smaller files (specifically, Mister Mosquito) when unpacked had a .bin and .cue file instead of a single iso. Will these burn and be accessible to the PS2 in the same way?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

2. rockerzz182

rockerzz182 Well-Known Member

yes just burn it like iso

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there's a fundamental difference. the ISO contains the files on the disc, plus data that doesn't show up as files, it is an exact copy of the disc (distinct from a file copy)

.bin is a binary file that contains data, .cue contains instructions for your burning program. In either case, you need to use the 'burn as disc image/iso' option in your burning program.

imgburn is probably a better choice than nero.