1. This forum is in read-only mode.

FIFA 2010 Discussion.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by allkratos, May 30, 2010.

1. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

I'm not sure whether anyone here likes football or not.(yes the real football not american football-i mean the one that requires full use of foot to play it)
    I made this mainly due to the fact the we are getting closer and closer to the most important event in the world's most prominent sport.There are of course many questions that are lingering in our minds right now.
    The most popular of these question in my guess is which nation will take home the ultimate trophy of football this time around?
    Will it be the England?Spain?State your forecast below.It will be commendable if you put your reasons as well.

2. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

As the T-Shirt suggests,anyone but England.....

3. allkratos

Why is it so bad?

4. theunderling

I,and millions of others are sick of hearing about England(and their God given rite to win it) going on about it every 2 minutes.
    When that scumbag Rooney got injured,an earthquake somewhere got 2nd billing on the News.

Mind you,I did have a £10 bet on England when they played Argentina in 1986.It was the best tenner Ive ever spent

LOL

5. allkratos

So who you think will win this time?Spain?Argentina?Brazil?

6. theunderling

Im not sure.It may come down to someone cheating or a bad referee decision.Seeing England getting knocked out is the only interest I have in the competition.

I think Italy will be a lot better than they were in Euro 2008-so probably them...

7. allkratos

Remember:No European country has ever won it outside Europe.

8. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Italy are worse than they were last time, whoever the winners are this season will not be european.

9. allkratos

Yeah Brazil is not a European country but they have won it in Asia(2002) and Mexico(1970) and Sweden(1958) IIRC.Those countries aren't South America.Ah,one more thing,1994 In United States.
    If you take that into consideration,Brazil has a big chance to win this edition.

10. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

how about comparing the actual teams rather than statistics?

11. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

If France win ill have to kill someone

12. Meramex

Meramex Well-Known Member

DUDES STOP IT, I ALREADY MADE THE OFFICIAL FIFA WORLD CUP THREAD HERE
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=42844.0
    SO ALL FUTURE MATCH DISCUSSIONS GO THERE. THANK YOU

13. allkratos

reason?

14. someirishkid

well, not any person, just Henry.
    Remember, a while back there was a match between France and Ireland. It was a draw near the end of the match and they were going to go onto penalties when Thierry Henry scored a goal. The ball was going out and he controlled it with his hand and scored. The videos showed the foul clearly, but officials denied it on the gorunds that in Soccer you can't use the replays to decide stuff like in Rugby.
    So we got knocked out. And now everyone here hates Henry.

So yeah, that's my reason. ;)

15. msg2009

i dont hate maradona for his hand of god goal, if it was an english player i would be laughing.
    im sure you would too if it had been the other way round

16. allkratos

I don't hate Maradona because he is Maradona.
    I hate Henry because he is arrogant when he scores a goal.
    He is not the best striker in the world nor he was back then.
    Best striker?Ronaldo(the real one)

17. someirishkid

hehehe... true

18. msg2009

romario was better

19. allkratos

Perhaps better.Both were better than today's strikers.Don't ever compare Torres to the legends.

20. msg2009

torres is just as good, the premier league is the worlds best and hes the best of the best at the minute