1. This forum is in read-only mode.

FFX - starting over.

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by insanecrazy07, Jun 17, 2008.

1. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

yeah that's right. i started over... again.

what should i make kimahri this time?
    ive done auron's, and lulu's so far.

i never end up using him because he is usually a backup.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I hate Kimahri and Lulu; they suck. Maybe a Magic/Skill user, black/white or both.

3. insanecrazy07

i hate lulu too. i made kimahri a black mage before but that just made it just as bad.
    (seriously, who uses magic in this game?)
    i know I NEVER did... first time playing through.

so im basically down to two choices, white mage or thief.

i tried doing the white mage/black mage combo but the white mage path drops you off at the end of the theif's, then you get to the lv 2 black magic spells after awhile. and of course it requires lv 3 and lv 4 keyspheres.

i like thief because i never ever use rikku unless there's a chest or i have to collect items for gear making.

and rikku always dies when i want something.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I didn't really use Kimahri so I left him as just a strong attacker like Auron. I did change him into a black magic user later, his magic attack was so weak though. You can try white mage or thief, as long as you keep going for the best and needed attributes in the Sphere Grid Magic Attack for White Mage, evasion and agility for Thief etc.

5. insanecrazy07

this is always the biggest dilemma i get when i replay FFX.

i want a new challenge since the game is really easy. (3 hits and Omega is dead?)

i must admit sometimes the game can get really rough especially fighting seymour's anima.
    (edit: anima was a joke. shiva's overdrive just pwns.)

ill probably try thief and see how it goes.
    i need to start getting items asap for remodeling.

6. Okami

Okami Member

on FFX you only Need Double Cast and Ultima xD

7. insanecrazy07

ha! one mp cost/magic booster/break damage limit + ultima.
    overkill.

or i just have tidus with first strike/auto-haste/break damage limit/slowstrike. then use delay buster.
    its tidus spam at that point.

ive had tidus use delay buster over and over and he could go 8 turns in a row.

i hate having to remodel weapons. i dont even bother until i get the 4-slot variable weapons/armors. (which i get 2 or 3 of each one.)

i hate not having the cast-all option like the old school ones.

edit:
    I hate not having all of my sweet items. I'm at the bevelle high bridge right now.
    and kimahri passed up rikku on the grid. and rikku just finally learned Mug.