1. This forum is in read-only mode.

FFIX Problem: Graphic Card Crashed

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by PROGUY101, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PROGUY101

PROGUY101 Member

Hey guys, I have a problem when running Final Fantasy IX with my PSX emulator (ePSXe 1.7.0)

Here's the problem. Usually when you enter a battle, you enter a transition of sort before the battle begins. When I enter the first battle, I received a popup message saying that my graphic card crashed or something and the FFIX still runs in the background (there is sound) but the window appears black and everything else appears at a lower resolution and color.

Do I still need to explain more about this? Help please :p

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

for a start use ePSXe 1.5.2, as this works better with squaresoft games. Secondly, what graphics plugin are you using, what graphics card do you have and are the drivers up to date?

3. vhiznu

vhiznu Well-Known Member

try settings the plugin to fast...then change the resolution to your desktop settings ,collor settings to nice, and framerate to 60....and maybe use the special games fixes.....for ff9

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

don't set the plugin options to fast; Final Fantasy will only work properly if they are set to 'nice'

5. vhiznu

vhiznu Well-Known Member

sometimes the graphic card cant handle the special effects.....
    maybe it'll help.....works for me :)
    just find the best settings for your hardware ;)

6. PROGUY101

PROGUY101 Member

Yeah, it could probably be my graphic card that can't handle the "transition" for battle as you said :(

I'll try the "fast" setting first and see what it happens. I'll post the plugins I use another time, as I'm on another computer and I forgot what plugins I downloaded :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.