1. This forum is in read-only mode.

FFCC: Ring of Fates local co-op trouble

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by kaziel, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaziel

kaziel New Member

Hi guys :)

My boyfriend and I purchased FFCC: Ring of Fates so that we would have an RPG DS game to play together. He recently moved overseas to live with me but left his Ring of Fates card behind.. luckily we have a trusty CycloDS to back us up. Unfortunately, we seem to be running into a problem when we try and play over the DS local wireless together. I am running the FFCC: Ring of Fates game card on my DS while he is using the CycloDS to emulate RoF.

When we try and start a 'Multiplay' game together, we cannot find the others party. We thought maybe if we traded friend codes it would enable us to join each others party, but when we get our friend codes from the Mog Trader and give them to each other it says 'The friend code you entered was incorrect.' on BOTH DS's. This means that when we add a friend code recieved on the official RoF game card to the friend roster on the CycloDS game it says it's incorrect and vice versa. It seems I can add friend codes to my RoF game card but I get the same message when trying to add a different legitimate friend code to my CycloDS RoF rom. I thought I'd heard of people playing the RoF Multiplay mode on their flash carts so I'm a bit confused.

Does anyone know of a way to get around this? Or am I confused and it's not possible to play the Multiplayer on a flash cart? My Cyclo is fully updated, by the way.

I really appreciate any help/feedback. Thank you smile.gif

2. ninetailed

ninetailed Member

I may be wrong, but it sounds to me like your Final Fantasy DS ROM may be a different region from the real cart, is your ROM or cart a pal version? The one with (E) is European/Pal. You need to have the same region, If that's not the problem then I don't know lol, but I hope I could help.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...prehaps it's because it's a game dump it fails?

think about it-that code in the game belongs to another cart out there somewhere...

Someone who has the original may already have that code running in the background of the game it'sself...

Hard to explain-but I know wireless link up should work as no code is required...

But don't quote me-it's a mear therory.
    Post Merge: [time]1249225460[/time]
    It should work fine-i had friend codes from american users which are another region all together...from me that is.

4. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Hmm,use Wi-Fi instead of wireless.Wireless for playing DS with DS near range.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Oh-your right...

Sounds like the same problem I had with UMK DS.

It would never link....I wonder why?

6. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

I'm confused on this part.Whether,he moved just to live with you or he moved away overseas.If he moved overseas,(away from you),use Wi-Fi,if he moved just to live with you ,(use the wireless option).

7. kaziel

kaziel New Member

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies and sorry about the delay. My ROM is the US version and so is my game card. It won't let us play local or wireless together - to clarify, he moved to my country and we now live together. So we're in the same room when we try to play. Hmmm maybe it's just one of those 'things' - I think I'll download the EU region ROM instead and try to see if that works.

Thanks for trying to help and if anyone can think of anything else please do mention it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.