1. This forum is in read-only mode.

FFCC:Echoes of Time Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by depyko, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. depyko

depyko Member

Each time I get to the 1st battle of the game on my Edge it gets totally stuck.And I can't save (though I suppose I know why) .Can anyone help?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0 The saving issues would be due to the piracy protection. See http://cheats.gbatemp.net

3. depyko

depyko Member

Did all that stuff,nothing changed.Could somebody then upload a functional NDS file?
    BTW I get stuck when I press the attack button and the saving issue still remains.

4. anandjones

What do you mean? If you get the cheat database above for your EDGE and enable the cheat, it should fix the saving issues. Have you updated your firmware? Backed up and reformatted your MicroSD?

5. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Did you replace that downloaded "cheats" DAT file with the old "cheats" DAT file?

If so,

Go open your DS, launch FFCC: EoT, then it will ask you if you want to enable cheat codes in the game. Pick yes. Then scroll all the way down and you will see a "Game Fix" or something like that code. Enable it and press start. And you're done.

6. lukas2905

lukas2905 Member

I had the very same problem on my R4. It would play up to the first battle or until i attempted a save. I think its a common problem which is due to something wrong in the actual files. No luck with any of the above it doesnt even have a DAT file

7. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

No, this is the answer. But download a different cheat database.

8. depyko

depyko Member

Yes,the database I downloaded is not compatible with FFCC EoT (US version)

9. depyko

depyko Member

I did EXACTLY what I was told in Troubleshooting post and yes it recognises the codes but no the gamefix code doesnt work and yes I still get the 2 errors about saving and the Attack.

10. depyko

depyko Member

And I do not believe the EDGE company has new software (checked it yesterday)

11. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Make sure to delete the old save file from your card now.

Start fresh. And always use the Game Fix code.

12. buuured

buuured Well-Known Member

if your looking for a simple awswer look for a fixed version on google an d use it on your r4 i have no idea about an edge

13. fuselight

fuselight Well-Known Member

Why don't you try to Trim the ROM or something?

14. anandjones

Wouldn't solve it.

15. depyko

depyko Member

ummmmm..... nope no good,gonna try a fixed EU ver. I found here and hope that it will work

16. D1Tremere

D1Tremere New Member

Having similar issue, need help please.
    Anti Piracy won't let me save....
    Have an R4I-SDHC card. Using the US version I tried the game fix cheet, result was white screen.
    Tried 7 different roms including patched ones, all patched resulted in white screen.
    Tried patching myself using DSATM, had to make my own .ini file for that (not sure i did it correctly). Normal patch i made resulted in white screen, DSTT? option patch worked in that i could load the game but froze on black screen after character selection....
    Any help is much appreaciated....

17. depyko

depyko Member

all that remains are the rumors about English in Japanese version.(At least th compability of current EDGE firmware is ''till 3517 and so it must be compatible)

18. depyko

depyko Member

For EDGE users:I just send an email too the company with the exact IDs.I hope the new patch will be released soon.For now,have fun in Jap ver.

19. depyko

depyko Member

and something I noticed:the EDGE cheats u download from that page are not compatible with the game (confirmed).

20. anandjones

Which page?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.