1. This forum is in read-only mode.

FFCC Echoes of Time: "Could not save data"

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rikku_yunie, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rikku_yunie

rikku_yunie Member

Upon the beginning, when you edit the options and try to exit the notice

"Could not Save Date, reinsert gamepak or restart DS"

I've tried backing up my games, and then formatting then returning them all, but It did not work.

Help? :)

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

3. rikku_yunie

rikku_yunie Member

^ Seriously, what do you want me to read from there?

EDIT:
    I use R4 v 1.18 and moonshell v 7(? was that the latest?) if it's needed

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Try switching to YSMenu instead of the official firmware. Since the R4 team got sued they stopped putting out updates so 1.18 is old and not very compatible.

5. rikku_yunie

rikku_yunie Member

^ Can you guide me on how to change to YSMenu? =)

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I'm sure that somewhere in the forum a guide has already been written, try searching for it.

7. lemonsatan

lemonsatan Guest

Use Arm 7, and then, find the Piracy AR codes.

8. rikku_yunie

rikku_yunie Member

I tried YSMenu, still the same. I'm having problems when I boot back from moonshell to.

I guess I'll try Arm7 then :) But how do I do that?

9. rikku_yunie

rikku_yunie Member

BUMP

Alright, I have done both. And nothing works. T.T I feel so bad. T.T

10. pugmalion1

pugmalion1 Well-Known Member

Download a fresh version of the game and delete all traces of the game off of your R4. Put the clean version on your card. Download and add the latest cheat database to your R4's System menu, you can find them at the bottom of the first post here. Just overwrite the current CHEAT.DAT file. The latest file has the save protection bypass cheats on it.

Before loading the game, open the cheats menu and activate the save protection cheat, then press the save and exit button on the bottom screen. Enjoy the game.

If you still have problems with the file after this, then try the arm7 patch again.

11. rikku_yunie

rikku_yunie Member

^ Actually, I deleted YSMenu because I'm having problems with it, so I tried Arm7 while using R4 V1.18 cause my YSMenu was having complications with my moonshell, and my brain's wrecking right now, cause I'm so confused on what I really should do first. =/

12. anandjones

Did you manage to create a working build from it?

13. rikku_yunie

rikku_yunie Member

I'm not sure what you meant by that. But no, it's still not working.

I also tried the bypass codes I found from the net, I tried for both US and European versions but it doesn't work.

14. pugmalion1

pugmalion1 Well-Known Member

Did you try using the new cheat database with the bypass code activated along with the arm7 patch on a newly downloaded ROM? There must be something going wrong in the process here somewhere. I've seen this work for multiple people now.

Are you trimming the ROM before or after you patch it? If you are, stop.

15. anandjones

I meant from the YSMenu build (if you compiled a build yourself).

16. rikku_yunie

rikku_yunie Member

^ Nope I didn't. I didn't continue using YSMenu, since right after rebooting from Moonshell the graphics gets crappy. And I think I have something wrong in the process too, cause my loading stucks at 3/4th =/

for the bypass cheat codes, I haven't tried the new ones. And for the arm7 patching, it trims itself upon patching up around until 115mb.

17. anandjones

Yes, patching will tend to do that. Read the Common Issues regarding the freezing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.