1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ff7 problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jp-Specials, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jp-Specials

Jp-Specials New Member

;D just wanna say thanks romulation for a wicked site.

hi all who will never probly read this, and thanks if u did.
    i need some advice/help/pointers/rope/lamp because FF7 keeps freezing and shutting down when i use the run button ( its not set as the close wondow button).

its really annoying, if this is in the wrong section or u cant help me, could you point me to some one that wont help? thanks abunch.

2. DB_Odin

DB_Odin Well-Known Member

actually there are alot of us that help in this section, you came to the right place.
    first thing - what emulator / version are you using?
    second - its not required but it always helps us out alot if you can post a screenshot of you configuration settings.

make sure you check the boxes in the configuration settings for the FF7 "special game fixes"
    when you say its shutting down, are you getting an error message? and what does it say?

Be sure to check out my ePSXe tutorial in the tutorial forum if you are new to psx emulation :) https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=8528.0

3. Jp-Specials

Jp-Specials New Member

im using the PSX emulator (the pre-setup one, not ePSXe) it doesnt give any error message, and it only shuts down (like me crossing off the window) when i press the run button. it might just be a bad installation.
    thnx for ur help =)

EDIT: looking at the "shortcut to psxfin" window it comes up with "read without driver"

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Use ePSXe 1.5.2
    Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 or Pete's D3D 1.77 (if your video card doesn't support OpenGL).
    Nice Default settings
    Turn on special game fixes for FF7 involving battleswirl and cursor/menu items.

5. Jp-Specials

Jp-Specials New Member

ok but i dont underswtand why it isnt working on the one im using atm cos i had it on my pc (im on a minilaptop now) and it worked fine with ff7/Gran turismo/Driver. any ideas why it might of messed up?

6. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

With needed files

pSX v1.13

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?n0qynnnnjzg

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the netbook wont be powerful enough to run it.

8. aldrea

aldrea Member

i agree with loonylion, the netbook is probably not powerful enough, i use epsxe to play FFVII and it works fine on my desktop, but if i switch it to my friends laptop, it plays slower and has glitches on it that the desktop doesn't.

9. DB_Odin

DB_Odin Well-Known Member

ePSXe really is the only thing you should use, save yourself the headache

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.