1. This forum is in read-only mode.

FF6 freeze problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sonoro, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonoro

Sonoro New Member

In FF6 GBA played off a rom(on VBA), the game keeps freezing during the opera scene
    (not the gau freezing thing, I have him, it's when Celes throws the bouquet, she just pauses, and nothing happens, music keeps playing)

Is there a fix to this problem?

I've searched across the internet to see if this problem is common, and the only time I found someone who seemed to have this problem, and the responses seemed to indicate it was a faulty rom

I got the rom off of this site, so if there is no fix for this problem or a game save after the opera house, can anyone give a link to a working GBA FF6 rom? Preferably one they were able to play and complete?

Thanks in advance!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What emulator are you using?

3. Sonoro

Sonoro New Member

Virtual Boy Advance

4. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

There is a chance that it could be a faulty rom, but most likely something happened during your download that could have caused the issue... Try to download it again, and if it still doesn't work, try a different emulator (may I suggest no$gba), or dare I say, download it from a different website...

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Well, I've never made it that far in the GBA version (Only the PSX and SNES versions).

Make sure you are using the latest version of VBA. And set up VBA properly using the instructions in this thread:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=6326.0

I don't believe the problem is the ROM.

If all else fails you could just play the SNES version :)

(By the way, you haven't used any cheats, have you?)

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The ROM is not the cause. If you're using the 1.8.0 Beta, you could try using 1.7.2 (and vice-versa) :)

7. Sonoro

Sonoro New Member

Switching the version worked!
    Thank you so much!
    Does this site have any kind of +rep thing?
    If not, well, thanks again, I was worried I'd have to start all over again, and that would've ruined the game for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.