1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ff ix isos are screwed

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by OoPIMPOoO, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OoPIMPOoO

OoPIMPOoO New Member

the final fantasy 9 isos on this site suck... ive downloaded the first three and none have worked, they all mess up at weird parts. i've had to clone my stepbrothers cds to go anywhere.

disk 1 wouldnt even boot up, disk 2 freezes right before the fmv at cleyras trunk, and disk 3 freezes right after kujas speech in alexandria.... i havent bothered with disk 4. please upload some new isos or something

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

ARen't you nice and friendly...

1.Badly bunrt disc-what program did you use to burn, speed and brand of cd?

2.Did you even extract them from the rar files?

3.If you did...where there any signs of a corrupted download (ie it won't open, etc...)

4.You didn't tell use how your playing them-it may be your psx playing up...or your using the wrong version of an emulator-which are you using?

(epsxe 1.5.2 is better suited for square soft games apparently)

3. Quake90

Quake90 Well-Known Member

it's your first post and this is how you act...

nice way to introduce yourself..

4. OoPIMPOoO

OoPIMPOoO New Member

to mds64, didnt mean to sound so whack in hindsight, probably shouldve mentioned that so far, those are the -only- isos on this site that suck. ive nabbed a ton of my old favs that run perfectly.

uhmmm, ive been using alcohol 120%, sony cds, and i burnt the first disc a number of times at 10x and then 2x, cause i figured that burning at 10x would be the problem, but it was still messed. im playing them on a chipped ps1, and as for the other disks 2 and 3, they burn and run fine up to a specifc point where they freeze, but im sure if i got a save file -just- past that point theyd run fine, so i dont know...also, i've looked through the comments pages and it seems other people are having the same problems on emulators. im pretty sure its not my system cause i made backups of my stepbrothers disks to get around these problems and those ones have worked fine. in fact, hes coming over now with disks 3 and 4 for me to backup, lol.

to quake90, lets think about whats going on in perspective : point out a problem so that it can be fixed. im pretty sure having broken ff9 isos is a big deal, seeing as its one of the most downloaded psx files. try not to be so holier-than-thou next time, im looking for a fix for my problem, not snarky remarks.

5. Quake90

Quake90 Well-Known Member

@OoPIMPOoO
    but you have to understand that how you said it was pretty much a pain in the ass...
    and that was your first post...
    i was just warning you because the people here don't like that (A)
    and then may be not help you :(

anyway, good luck with your problem :)

6. OoPIMPOoO

OoPIMPOoO New Member

thanks, i appreciate it. luckily for me i just got my hands on the last 2 discs and copied them successfully. am i going to get assrammed by scea if i say id be happy to share my isos?

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

probably not, I find it strange that the ones we have don't work since they're just direct copies of the discs.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Nah-upload them to the trading section...

@looney-I noticed some games have CD-DA issues with sound-if my net improves one day, may I upload mine to compare?

I made a topic to explain...but it's lost here...

So 2 games I know have this issue are

-resident evil survivor

-Mortal kombat trilogy

Those 2 are missing parts of audio (resident evil lacks speech during cut scenes, while mortal kombat lacks BG music).

I noticed that if I rip them as iso's with cue they preserve music (I have the actual disc-on emulator or ps2 they work flawless as the real disc-but the romU one's lack sound-format issues? ) so prehaps...

Just thinking out loud-if you try them you'd hear what I mean-they still play fine but the experience is not complete.

Pimp-You could have said "they don't work well" instead of "suck" as it seems harsh-especially for a first post XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.