1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Favorite Underrated Nintendo Ds Game

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Mcoupe69, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

Phoenix Wright and Elite Beat Agents dont count ( i have seen that posted in similar threads on other websites(dunno why people still think those are considered underrated)

anywho

My pick would definitely have to be the dark spire, the super retro role playing game created by atlus, if you are one of those people who like me could sit in pokemon or any other modern rpg and grind grind grind til you can whoop everythings a*s, this is the game for you - also as a sidenote, im a perfectionist/completionist when it comes to games (like its not fun for me unless i get all perfect medals in cooking mama for instance xD) and THE DARK SPIRE really feeds off of that side of me, it may not have super graphics( the retro style is awesome though) but it definitely gives you a sense of accomplishment as your playing it, which i love :)

ph3ear my grammara

next
    Post Merge: [time]1254694501[/time]
    my bad tirith, almost every post i create is in the wrong place, scratch the perfectionist off of that last post :I

2. Sphearow127

Sphearow127 Well-Known Member

i hate pokemon

3. Busterthefox

Busterthefox Member

This isn't the correct place to say that, Sphearow. Go to the spam forum. =p

As far as underrated games go, I guess you could say...Meteos, Mokey Ball Touch and Roll, or Spectrobes... It seems strange, some games, Like Sonic Chronichles(WOW that's hard to spell), and Big Brain acadamy that got so much hype when they came out turned out to not be so great after all. =p I mean, Sonic C is good on it's own, but looking at the other games in the series, it just doesn't stand up...

Oh yeah, Advance Wars Days of Ruin is pretty underrated, for how awesome-ness-t3h-lulz it is in my opinion.

Ah, but a perfect example would be Klustar for the Game Boy. I've only seen two copies of it in my life including the one I own, and I bought that for $.50. And when I tried to sell it at Game Crazy, they told me it wasn't worth anything. However, for that, it's a fun and addictive game! At first you'll be thinking "WTF this is a cheap spin-off of Tetris", but when you really get into it, you're legs could fall asleep because you play it for hours on the toilet- er, th-theoretically, that is. ^_^; But yeah, look it up on RomUlation. =p Personally, I think it's worth at least a dollar. XD Aw, crap, I wrote all that, then I remembered it was a DS game topic...well, no use wasting it. Enjoy! XD Please don't give me a warning. 8|

4. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

i actually agree with you about spectrobes - i played through about half of the game before i traded my one of many previously owned ds's in for some hairy green plants/beer and it was actually really good, if i remember correctly it got like a 6.0 or something like that , dont think it deserved such a crep rating :I

5. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Time Ace!
    Quite fun 3D airplane shooting game
    Unfortunately it lack weapon variety...

6. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

hotel dusk!!

7. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

i guess hoteldusk could be considered underrated ..got a good overall rating and had a pretty decent fan base but it definitely wasn't mainstream...i agree though , that was by far my favorite ds game at the time it came out and after i finished it

8. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

Did you played "Etrian Odyssey" for the DS? Seems to be a Retro one too (like "Dungeon Master" or "Eye of the Beholder" or similar). Is the second "Etrian Odyssey" like "Dark Spire"? Couldn`t find useful comments in the download-section. All these nerds are just posting "Works fine on my M3 / R4 - whatever ...". :(

I do like Dark Spire, and it is absolutely an underratet One, you`re right.
    Post Merge: [time]1254771795[/time]
    Did you played "Etrian Odyssey" for the DS? Seems to be a Retro one too (like "Dungeon Master" or "Eye of the Beholder" or similar). Is the second "Etrian Odyssey" like "Dark Spire"? Couldn`t find useful comments in the download-section. All these nerds are just posting "Works fine on my M3 / R4 - whatever ...". :(

I do like Dark Spire, and it is absolutely an underratet One, you`re right.

9. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

i actually dld the dark spire, etrian oddysey and EOII all at the same time but the dark spire seemed a lot more appealing to me even though i never really played any super classic dungeon crawling rpgs like it so i played that first..i know EO 1 and 2 are both similar to the dark spire but im pretty sure the difference between the games is that the dark spire uses a dungeons and dragons rolling type system ( i guess thats what people are calling it) for combat and stats and stuff..while from the couple minutes i played of EO the stats are kinda fixed...to be honest i didnt even battle anything in etrian oddysey ..so i cant really quote the similarities and differences..but thats what it seems like to me anyway

the other thing i really like about the dark spire though is that its difficulty is relentless xD

i enjoy a damn good challenge :)

10. Sphearow127

Sphearow127 Well-Known Member

oops sorry i thought the person who made this meant the games u hate. sorry

11. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

says the person whose name is suspiciously 1 letter off from a pokemons name..caugh*

12. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

The "Wizardry"-Games (for Snes) are also a damn challenging Dungeon-Crawling and very,very similar to "Dark Spire" and "Etrian Odyssey". There`s also a PS2-Wizardry Game that took me hundreds of Hours (300? 400?), to beat it. It was ripped by the (German) Press and totally underrated around 50-60 % in Gameplay. Just the fact that these kind of Games are very tough makes them also very unpopular - and in comparison with the Final Fantasy Games...yeah, FF is a piece of cake. :) They are very close to Computer-RPG`s from the early 80`s.

13. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

Lock's Quest.

I wouldn't be surprised if you guys never heard of that game before, that's how underrated it is.

14. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

i agree. its story is priceless, i love my ds because of this game and i'm glad it's exclusive to ds!!

15. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

Not underrated, everyone just hated it.

16. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

^truth

17. tevak

tevak Well-Known Member

Contact.

18. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Trackmania

19. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

contact :D another badass random rpg , the game with the story that makes no sense at all but still one of the best games i ever played :D, u people for the most part have great taste :)

20. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

Fire Emblem: DS
    Now now... It is a good game but after playing Sacred Stones, no monster story is kinda dull... And lets also add its a remake.
    People didn't liked that game much but I think its a little Underrated