1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Favorite/Best Gamecube Games

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by musiclegend14, Aug 18, 2009.

1. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

What are the Gamecube games you've enjoyed playing?

When i had a GNC i really liked Super Mario Sunshine, NFL Blitz 2002 and Animal Crossing

EDIT: I'm looking to get all of the enjoyable Gamecube games out there and put them on multi-game discs...recommendations would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I really liked the Metroid Prime Series, and Need For Speed (Underground 1&2, Most Wanted), didn't like carbon too much...

3. musiclegend14

I enjoyed the need for speed series on the xbox and ps2...never bought any for the gamecube.

I'm looking to get all of the good gamecube games to play, minus the RPG's...I only like those on portables.

4. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Favs:

Mario Sunshine
    Luigi's Mansion
    Super Smash Bros. Melee
    LOZ Windwaker
    Paper Mario 1000 year door

5. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

007 Nightfire is the best GC Game ever in my oppinion. I played it multiplayerplayer against bots at a friend for years and never get bored.

Burnout 2 isnt bad too

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I'm having the hardest time getting multiboot discs to work.

Anyway, the Gamecube games that I enjoy/recommend:
    Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
    Gauntlet: Dark Legacy

Mario Party 4-7 (great for multibooting)
    Metroid Prime 1 & 2
    Time Splitters 2 & Future Perfect
    Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
    Tales of Symphonia
    Skies of Arcadia: Legends
    Need for Speed Underground/Underground 2/Most Wanted/Carbon
    Wave Race: Blue Storm
    Mariokart: Double Dash
    SSX 3
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Pikmin/Pikmin 2
    Super Smash Bros. Melee
    Super Mario Sunshine
    Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 2/Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike
    Animal Crossing
    Star Fox Adventures (great Graphics, decent gameplay)
    The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition
    The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker
    The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (might need some extra hardware...)
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
    Ikaruga
    Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
    Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
    Soul Calibur II

7. musiclegend14

have you checked the compatibility lists? there some games that work on multi discs...some that work shrunken...etc and some that just won't work.

check http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Gamecube_Backup_Launcher_Compatibility_List#F if you use the Gamecube backup launcher

and check http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/GCOS_Gamecube_Compatibility_List:_NTSC-U for a general compatibility list

8. insanecrazy07

I based my entire downloading experience off of that list.

9. musiclegend14

well thats disappointing...I don't feel like using a DVD for every game...its a waste of space

Is there any other options?

10. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

I wish i ever had a GC.

I had to buy the ps2 because it was cheaper -_-''

11. insanecrazy07

Did you actually get a multiboot to work? I did mario party 4-7 on one disc and I got a disc read error.

I'm currently using mini DVD-Rs right now since I felt that using only 1.35 GB of a 4.7 GB disc was retarded.

We're both using hacked Wiis to play Gamecube games (because there's not a lot of good Wii games out there).

12. musiclegend14

I didn't even think of those, I'll check them out. they should burn with imgburn just like a normal DVD right?

Right now I'm downloading a bunch of games, I'm going to try doing a multi disc with F-Zero GX, SSX Tricky and Wave Race (none being shrunk) in a few minutes.

EDIT: I just tried the multiple discs and they do work (the games that are compatible at least). However when i try to use the backup loader channel, i can only play the games in black and white and before i launch the game the screen gets all jumpy. I can, somehow, actually load my games through the normal game channel and they will play in color. Except when i need to launch the game using a custom MIOS, when i try to do that it brings me to another screen asking me to load the disc and hit A (which i do), and it does its thing and finally says drive ######## (respective numbers) then goes back to the screen saying "load the disc and press A to begin" and it keeps going through that process and i can never launch the game. not to make this too confusing, but when i go back to the backup launcher channel and try to launch the game (SSX tricky to specific, it requires you to boot it with a custom MIOS or it freezes) with a custom MIOS, it works fine (In black and white though)

For the most part it all works...I'm a little dissapointed Wave rider won't work but F-Zero GX makes up for it.

Any Ideas on what i can do to stop this?

13. insanecrazy07

For the launcher, if you are having black and white issues, force it to a region. I hear it goes black and white if you are running a PAL Wii with NTSC discs. Force it one way or the other.

What Gamecube Backup Launcher are you using? 0.1 Theta, 0.1 Xi, 0.2 Xi?

What did you install to use the disc launcher? I never use that.

14. musiclegend14

I'm using version .2
    I have a NTSC wii with NTSC games, so i wonder if the backup launcher is booting it in pal for some reason. How do i force a region?

to use the disc launcher, I don't know, i followed a tutorial and it enabled it. I only installed the back up launcher and a custom MIOS using cmios installer. When i do use the disc channel it actually boots up the back up launcher, but it looks a little different, and when i try to boot using a custom mios it bring me to that weird screen i said before.

So i'll try using the GCBL channel once i figure out how to force a region (i know it's simple but i can't see any of the words when the back up launcher runs cause of the messed up screen)

15. insanecrazy07

You get a messed up screen too. That's what I'm getting.

I think it's Y to force NTSC, or just hit A to auto-detect.

16. musiclegend14

Auto detect boots into black and white...I'll try all the other buttons i suppose. I did here that downgrading to version .1 fixes this...but I'm kind of worried the compatibility options will suffer.

17. insanecrazy07

I'm using 0.1 Xi and I've had no problems with any of my singleboot GC games.
    The multiboot is still a mystery. I wonder if it has to be DVD-R since I used a DVD+RW to test it with (since I can just erase it and do it over if I messed up).

18. musiclegend14

it does have to be DVD-R, if it's +R or RW you have to change the book type to DVD-ROM. I believe that is your problem right there.

I just downgraded to .1 theta and i switched to MIOS version 5 instead of 8 and it all works like a charm now.

19. insanecrazy07

I tried changing the book type on imgburn and every possibility ended up in error. I don't know what the hell I'm doing since it gives me like 8 different categories.

I have a few Wii games that are DVD+RWs (booktype kept the same) and those work just fine.

I don't know how to change the MIOS. I have a problem just installing new CIOSes like rev 13, rev 13b, rev 14. I think they all overwrite each other...

I finally figured out why my backup launchers (Neogamma R3, R6 maybe) wouldn't work on my friend's Wii. You can't have anything inserted in Slot 2 for the GC memory card.

20. musiclegend14

you should only be running one cIOS...i use 13b i believe.

okay this is how i got mine to work. go here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=134170&st=0 and download the file. its a RAR archive with another one inside of it. you should see a folder saying gcbackup0.1...open up that folder and you have a bunch of random stuff and another rar archive...again open up that archive and you will get a folder saying gcbackup0.1_theta. Inside that folder are 2 other folders and a read me...take a look at the read me...there 5 or 6 steps to follow and extract the 2 folders into the app folder on your SD card and your done with that.

Now in your HBC run the MIOS patcher (one of the folders you just put on your SD card) and it'll give you a bunch of options on what you want to install. Like press x to be able to boot from the disc channel and you can also use the direction pad on your gamecube controller to choose which MIOS you want to install. You can either choose 4, 5 or 8. I chose 5 and you hit A and it takes maybe 30 seconds to finish and you're all set. *i sat there and tried to figure out what to do with the RAR files for like 20 minutes*

That sounds confusing...hopefully you can follow. As for the DVD type, for Gamecube game's it has to be DVD-R...I dont know much about book types so all i can say is buy some DVD-r