1. This forum is in read-only mode.

fav Harvest moon

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by seamore, Mar 28, 2010.

1. seamore

seamore Member

not enough harvest moon fans talking right now but what is your favorite harvest moon game and why?

2. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

So far I like HMDS and HMDS: Cute. I've not fully immersed myself into IoH but, I like it and I haven't played SI.

3. seamore

seamore Member

oo i like the wonderful life for gamecube but it wasnt very big map

4. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I tried playing the girl version for gamecube but, the time ran fast for me and I always got lost or confused. :-[

5. Sidmarill

Sidmarill Well-Known Member

Harvest Moon DS.
    Because the other DS one is very...
    *Ahem*
    Ugly.... >.>

6. fluffywuffy03

fluffywuffy03 Member

rune factory 1 and 2...

7. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I played Rune Factory and I have yet to finish the story. I'm just farming and working on friendships.

8. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

the snes version is best

9. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

rune factory

10. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

It is kind of hard for me to get used to the SNES version as, time flies really, really fast. Maybe if I give it a shot again, I might be able to get through it. But there's always the pressure of doing things before the evaluation that makes things tough for me.

11. msg2009

which ones go slower?
    i might give them a try

12. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Well, I've found that the HMDS and HMDS:Cute are decent enough for me to get through the day quite easily. As with Rune Factory as well. In the SNES version I always feel like there is way more to do and not enough time to do anything.

13. msg2009

yeah its fast but you do alot of stuff on the night. can clear your entire farm of rocks and plants in 1 go. i like a challenge.
    i loved the snes game but i then played the psx and n64 versions and they just spoiled it for me, i lost interest altogether for a long time

14. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I've never played PSX version or N64 version. I kind of started on the SNES just looking around at the roms on a friend's computer. Then, I tried the ones for GBA and liked them. Once I got my flash cart I got HMDS and HMDS: Cute. I have both Rune Factories as well as Island of Happiness and Sunshine Islands although I have yet to really play them.

15. msg2009

well rune factory 2 has the most downloads so maybe the best?
    im downloading it now, will try getting back into it.
    dont try the psx or n64 versions you will be dissappointed lol

16. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I'll take your word for it. But I've read on another website. (fogu.com/hm) That a lot of people liked the N64 version.

17. mursyidi_1986

mursyidi_1986 Member

rune factory 1, 2 is the best. i'm waiting for the third one, the japanese version is out there but i can even unserstand even a single word, so have to wait for the usa version.

18. Zanoab

Zanoab Member

Harvest Moon 64 was an excellent game. The only problem right now is that the current Harvest Moon games are slow meaning you won't be able to keep up with the fast clock in Harvest Moon 64. If you end up being one of the people that hate how fast paced the game is, just keep trying and you will eventually get used to it but all the new games will feel very slow once you do.

Harvest Moon 64 will always be my favorite.

19. Saiyajin Mui

Saiyajin Mui Well-Known Member

Personally I enjoyed Harvest Moon 64. But Harvest Moon on SNES is what brought me into the series to begin with.

Never has farming been so fun.

I do like how Sunshine Islands fixes the control scheme of Island of Happiness (god I hated that).

Rune Factory is pretty good too. Anyone here played Frontier? It any good?

20. frostydrag0n

frostydrag0n Well-Known Member

Island of Happiness :D I loved the game but I got too lazy to wait for the kid to grow up D: