1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Fastest working RPG PS2 Roms?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by SirKayyFFL, Apr 9, 2011.

1. SirKayyFFL

SirKayyFFL Member

Of the RPG Genre, which, if any, ps2 roms will emulate the best/fastest?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the question is too open ended. It's entirely dependent on your computer specs and the emulator version, plugins and configuration.

3. SirKayyFFL

SirKayyFFL Member

im using a Sapphire ATI Radeon 4750, 3.33ghz dual core processor.

as far as plugins and emu's, it's whatever, i can use any of them, currently using PSCX2
    Post Merge: [time]1302378441[/time]
    i just know that ps2 emulation is sketchy and with some titles 20-30fps is the best you can get, i'm just curious if there are any that will run 60fps with the right settings.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Many PS2 RPGs work without problems. They seem to be the most compatible games. The only ones I have had issues with is the Xenosaga games, they slowdown to 1-2FPS most of the time.

Others with minor graphic problems or very minor slowdowns were the Dot Hack game and Dragon Quest 8.

Dragon Quest 8 had some slowdown while running around in town, just slight, like 45FPS or so.
    Dot Hack had some slowdown when battling monsters, again just slight.

I played Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 without issues.
    Grandia II had some voice timing issues. Voice acting and sound effects would play without pausing during a cutscene, so they would start out OK, but eventually be out of sync.

I had two Geforce 8800 running in SLI, and a 3.16Ghz dual core processor. 3GB of system ram. Windows XP

5. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Most RPG's work ok, its the fast paced FPS's that are too slow to play.
    Dragonquest VIII and FFX and FFXII run full speed on mine with only a little slowdown on cutscenes but the gameplay is fine.
    Grandia 2 and 3 also ok. Persona 3 and 4 have a little slowdown when entering battles but mostly ok. Rogue galaxy works fine too, I cant remember anymore just now.
    I have phenom quad core 2.2ghz but pcsx2 works better on dual core because 4 core isn't supported yet so you should get better results than me.

Make sure you are using the latest version of pcsx2 and turn on all the speedhacks.

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Depends on the specs and which games, you may or not be able to use the Speedhacks options.

Some polygon/geometrical games best used on r1888.

7. SirKayyFFL

SirKayyFFL Member

thanks everyone! appreciate all the input, will look into all these!