1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Fastest DS emulator yet!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DeGladiator, Oct 3, 2012.

1. DeGladiator

DeGladiator Well-Known Member

Duos An emulator that was released in September is the fastest yet
    It plays almost every ds game at top-notch speed
    Minor bugs tested games (I tested)
    Mario Kart: Full speed no bugs
    Lear with pokemon typing adventure: No problems full speed
    Mario Party: little sounds error
    etc.

You gotta test it!!!!

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

pokemon typing adventure: No problems full speed

Even saving ?

Also post a link to site like this ;) ,

http://ds-duos.blogspot.co.uk/

3. Foxhounder

Foxhounder Guest

I heard of this but I have a DS and flashcart, no need for an emulator, though it'd be swell if wifi was eventually added.

4. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

How customizable is this?

5. YoungLean

YoungLean Member

I haven't touched on DS emulation in quite sometime. I wasn't expecting a new one to be released though. The last emulator I had was iDeaS. How does this new emulator compare to iDeaS and any other DS emulator currently available?

6. Silentexe

Silentexe Active Member

Can't change the controls.
    Will wait for the next update.

7. RCFloris27

RCFloris27 Member

Mac support PLS? I tried turning it into a Mac .app using wine, but it just crashes...

8. Seraphim3

Seraphim3 Member

This is one of the best emulators I have tried. I personally recommend it to anyone.

9. thricee

thricee Well-Known Member

so is this a new release in the first stages of production?because so far i only used desmume even the older version with wifi compatibility.

any feedback on this one and whether it supports the most demanding games.cheers

10. daging

daging Member

OMG, this is one amazing staff, it played the advanced wars ds at full speed and the none graphic glitches which found in the nocash, but it is still in beta? Does it took multi core CPU to run? I found my task thread running at full 100% CPU load.

11. Kinger556

Kinger556 Member

I actually JUST found this yesterday- It plays Pokemon B/W 2 without ANY problems, doesn't even need he AR code for the bluescreen AP. Also it has a speed up button and save states which I'm SO happy about ^_^ - It is missing some features that Desmume and No$Gba has but its still being updated

12. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

DuoS DSEMU

6086 - Learn with Pokemon Typing Adventure (EUR) - Clean white screens.

6086 - Learn with Pokemon Typing Adventure (EUR) - Patched Plays no saving.

13. OLK

OLK Well-Known Member

Ran BW2 slow for me

14. daging

daging Member

The problem with all emulators of any platforms itself is they are more CPU hungry than GPU, even if you had top-notch nvdia card, you won't get full speed with desume, but the DuoS are less CPU hungry than any existing emulators , so gameplay may as well run at better speed, and most importantly the emulator is being updated regularly to optimize it to many more games (most demanding games can run at full speed, there are some less demanding games actually run worse for example some 2D game ???), so I highly recommanded it to anyone.

The reasons pkmn bw2 ran slow is partly due to its graphics, the DuoS actually show all the graphic effects in the game which can't be found in nocash, but yet the game speed is better than desume, the pkmn bw2 ran in desume is slow enough to not playable.

15. OLK

OLK Well-Known Member

Pokemon BW2 runs perfect for me on Desmune, it depends on your computer and settings
    for me Duos couldn't display the title screen correctly

16. daging

daging Member

It may run perfectly with overclocked cpu, I had try different Desmune, and there are many svn builds too, each build are optimized for certain game, and it worked like Dolphin with many revision builds, you may turn into very bad slow hellish gameplay with a wrong svn build, but if you could tell me a working revision that worked great with pkmn bw2, I did appreciated it.

17. OLK

OLK Well-Known Member

desmume jit 0.9.9
    and my frameskip is at 3