1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Fastest android on x86 emulator

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by daging, Nov 6, 2012.

1. daging

daging Member

After frustrating using Android SDK to run android platform on windows based PC, now I came across with a better emulator that run android os and with as many support as possible,

The older build of this fast emulator can be found here
    And the lastest build with many problem fixed can be found here
    You may need to try out some different version to get it to work on your windows based PC, it depend primary on your processors, some build with SSE2/PAE/NAE would properly not loading with older processors. And some build only worked on latest intel processors. You can even run it with p4 processor with certain build. The latest build of the emulators will properly support all kind intel processors after p4, and some good news with the googleplay supports, this emulator can run certain commercial game for android inside the emulator, it is amazing.

To setup your emulator you can simply install the virtual machine, I prefer virtual box, and download the build from
    , and now you load the .ova into the virtual box and everything is automatic setup, and you get your android os run in your PC.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Re: Fastest android x86 emulator

there's a native x86 port of android if you want to run it on PC. No need to screw around with emulators or virtualisation.

3. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Got a link?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

http://www.android-x86.org/

5. daging

daging Member

The emulator are still far from complete, I think the native installer will have all the functionalities of android, you can even run benchmarks on the machine to compare how powerful PC hardware to android.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]