1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Farewell Mrs. Corazon "Cory" Aquino we will never forget you

Discussion in 'General News' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

At exactly 3:18AM this morning former Philippine president Corazon "Cory" Aquino had finally succumbed to her illness & had passed away:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_obit_corazon_aquino

We & the rest of the world will never forget you & your husband for bringing back democracy to the Philippines. May you be both re-united in Heaven (given the Judea-Christian beliefs are indeed true).

:'(

2. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences and prayers to your country. She's actually one of the 20 Most Influential Asians of the 20th century. Such a great loss for the world.

3. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

May you rest in peace. :'(

4. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Farewell Mrs. Aquino. As a wife and mother, you are truly inspirational.
    You may not be the best president and in fact, 1 of the worse, but that only shows you are a real person. We didnt expected you to run the country in its best possible way, but at least you have done one of the most dangerous jobs during that time.

You faced criticisms from loyalist, even faced military uprisings, but you manage to quell them off, thanks to Mr. Ramos and your dedication to do the job.

Well, where ever you will go, pls say hi for us to your husband, Mr. Ninoy, Cardinal Sin and other people that change the course of our country's future.

5. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

I think these Aquino people lead a great movement against the Marcos, things seem to have got better for rich people who did not support Ferdinand Marcos and his ugly wife. It is very hard to call a legacy from an outsiders perspective, but I will hazard a guess that the Aquino period aided local corruption and land grabbing by his rich friends? Still any shit is better than Marcos. (If i am so wrong in this post please shout at me)

6. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

i hope she goes to heaven

7. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Today is her funeral.
    It is truly a sad experience to hear her daughter's speech. Makes me cry as well.

Correct me if I am wrong, after Ninoy died, Cory was forced to become a housewife to a President. And if it wasn't for her, we Filipinos will still be in the hands of the sons/daughters of Marcos.

Truly, I am proud to be Filipino.

8. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Yes, very sad... her security Mamaril even said that even Mrs. Aquino was sick, she was still concern about her security aid and even cooked some noddles for them.

and the still, the procession is STILL going on. come on, cant they wait on the cementery rather than slowing down the procession? but i cant blame them, if i was there, i would join them...

9. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

where are you?
    and who of you guys is already born when the people power had happen?

10. AceKilla

AceKilla Well-Known Member

I guess it's me since i'm the old one.
    Rest in Peace.

11. Lechongbaboy

Lechongbaboy Well-Known Member

Good bye aquino, will remember ye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.