1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Famitsu Boss: New DS Revealed At E3 08

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by sir spamalot, Apr 11, 2008.

1. sir spamalot

sir spamalot Well-Known Member

http://akayuki.com/2008/04/11/famitsu-boss-new-ds-revealed-at-e3-08/

this news just excites me to no ends...

the reason: GAME always have these promotions where you could get half priced nintendo consoels if you traded in the past gen - happened for GBA (gameboys), GBA SP's (GBA), the Micro (GBA SP), the DS Phat (GBA SP) and the DS Lite (DS Phat)

could i really trade away my trusty DS lite?

2. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to an upgraded DS, Knowing Nintendo i think they would keep the price as low as can be.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You probably could trade in your Lite, depends on how it looks likes etc. first. This is going to be awesome.

Here is a concept image. It's supposed to be called DS Extreme or something.

[​IMG]

4. MagNetCZ

MagNetCZ Member

Tell me why do so many of these mockups have different sized screens? It's just silly.

5. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

New DS ? Meh.....I'm happy with my old one....

Shortly after it's released, Nintendo will have another new design in the making,
    ready to take the cash of the millions of stupid people who will buy it because

"the screenz is a whole inch bigger....it's like virtual reality"
    or
    "the start button iz bigger so I can pauze teh gamez easier"
    or
    "there's fancy writings so I knows where the mic is"

yes.....I'm talking about you

What's that game playing on the concept image by the way ??

6. razegun

razegun New Member

DANG..........................
    that ds looks clean.....................
    looks kinda like a ps3 opend up............
    do u think itll work with a r4?

i dont care but im getting it when it comes out................. so friggen nice looking

7. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Nintendo took action against the R4, I'm betting the R4 will mess with the new model... I'm gonna get one, I started a new DS collection recently, so far I ahve all of the original Phat (Grey, Red, Blue) the one upgraded Phat (Teal) One Custom DS(The pokemon one) then five DS lites (White, Black, Pink, Teal, Ruby-black)

I didn't have to pay for any of them, I love my birthday :) and Christmas :D

8. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Based on that concept it looks pretty much the same with stepped up graphics and perhaps widescreen, widescreen would be pretty awesome.

9. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

how come there are two different games on it?

10. anandjones

I'm not sure, but the top game's graphics looks goooood.

11. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

The bottom one is Advanced Wars, but the top one looks like some game for the wii. I can't remember the name though. Hmmm.

12. anandjones

From Nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/nintendo-rubbishes-new-ds-claims-104985.html

Nintendo has told Eurogamer that claims a new DS model will be unveiled at E3 this year are "purely rumour and speculation".

Word spread after Enterbrain boss Hirokazu Hamamura said he thought there was a "possibility" of Nintendo producing a fresh iteration of the handheld at the event. Enterbrain publishes Famitsu magazine.

And the evidence stops there.

The Nintendo DS originally appeared here in March 2005, before the much prettier DS Lite was released in June 2006.

The handheld has gone on to sell over 65 million units around the world.

13. MagNetCZ

MagNetCZ Member

I would say it's Batallion Wars 2. Can't believe some people seem to trust the concept picture :/

14. anandjones

http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/famitsu-publisher-backtracks-on-e3-ds-prediction-105983.html

15. anandjones

Well, the rumour was ended of it being widescreen by Nintendo, still doesn't prove that it exists though.

16. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Awesome, but I think it's too good to be true.

17. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

Jeez, why make another DS if there already exists one? I hate it, when you are a firstday lover of Nintendo's new handheld and you buy the thing at the release you feel like shit when you see the new one... I want a DS lite but I can't trade my old one for one. F*CK YOU NINTENDO

18. anandjones

It would be gay if they made a new one, so there would be three different kinds, like the GBA, except the Micro wasn't as good, so that could be the case. Then new flashcarts would be updated or made..

19. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

So what if you wanna play your old DS Games on it (using the r4 or something or even an original game cartridge)

Will the top screen of the game be enlarged?

Oh darn, the select button got changed to the "pause" :p lol
    And there are no speakers... yet

20. anandjones

No, there may not even be one, and the widescreen rumour is fake. Then if you played the old DS games with backgrounds suiting 256x192 pixels, you'll have a big black empty border around your games. That's if the old games could work with the new circuit, providing there is. And plus, the R4 wouldn't work, it only works on NDS and NDSL, so it would probably have to be updated. The cartridge I mean, not the firmware.