1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Facebook? or myspace?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pickaloo, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Pickaloo

Pickaloo Member

Just wondering what people out there are using and why.

My personal preference is Facebook, alot easier to use when finding friends and isn't as cluttered as myspace. The constant updates are great to if you feel like sitting back and watching what people get up to :)

but thats my own oppinion, whats yours?

2. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Facebook is awesome. It is way more popular in my country and I have found tons of my friends on it, especially friends that have moved away or whatever the case may be. It's nice to keep updated with what your friends are getting up to and see photos etc. It' a lot easier to use too. I for one am also a fan of the new look facebook as it eliminates all those annoyin applications and lets you see all the important information quicker.

3. 9NineBreaker9

9NineBreaker9 Well-Known Member

I've used both extensively, and I've taken a liking towards Facebook more - it seems to have a better structure to it, making it easier to find all of the buttons and other services that you and access, and it seems to be just a tad more "mature" than Myspace, which seems to be inhabited mostly by extremely emotionally unstable teenagers who spend way too much time on...

OHMYGOD UPDATE! WHOWHATWHENWHERE... nevermind...

Anyways, so long as you don't spend too much time on the sites, they're both pretty good. I just find Facebook to be a bit more suiting to my tastes.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Facebook was better when it was Colleges only. Now it's open to everyone, and it's just become like Myspace.

Personally I don't really use either very much. I made a Facebook account back in college and use it occasionally just to keep in touch with my graduating class and find out what colleges my friends from highschool went to.

5. khaislash

khaislash Well-Known Member

Facebook and Myspace are two good socializing website which is definitely better than Friendster.Feel free to add me on face book, the names ' Nnoitra Kai '

6. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I only use Bebo because most of my mates have Bebo (bebo is a lot bigger in New Zealand than the other networking sites so its much easier to find your old mates and keep in contact). I despise myspace completely, its like one big massive emo club, and we all know how much I hate those....

7. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

I have both a Facebook and a Myspace, and I totally find Facebook easier to use as well as more attractive. It's not cluttered with random ads, and its really simple and plain. Facebook ftw! :p

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Friendster is the one most widely used here along with multiply.

What I like about Friendster is you can block unwanted people from viewing your profile at will, along with only showing strangers very minimal info about you they can use to harass or pester you with.

9. skriblzzz

skriblzzz New Member

Im on Facebook
    I really hate MySpace. Its so cluttered and annoying and hard to look at. I hate how people customize their pages with all these stupid pictures in the background.

10. khaislash

khaislash Well-Known Member

Friendster is not privacy friendly,some people even attached trojan.dll in their pictures and when a person without antivirus clicks on those pictures...infected.It was a blunder,had to fix my cousin's computer because of friendster. :-\

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

That's a different aspect, what I was referring to was the option to let only your friends of first degree be the ones who have access to your profile details.

There was this jerk once, who I know personally who doesn't have anything better to do than piss me off here on RomUlation by making a newbie introduction which contained details from my myspace account, just because my profile information was visible to anyone. He then added hurtful remarks to his fake introduction, saying things like "Hi I am gay & am a total loser". Really annoying.

Oh & because of that Douche Bag, I had to delete my myspace account :p

Another thing that makes easy access to your profile information bad is cyber stalking.

The thing you mentioned about Friendster profiles being laced with Trojans is not something exclusive, I've encountered those before on other sites as well.

12. Sprite

Sprite Well-Known Member

I prefer Facebook because it's far simpler and cleaner looking, and it has all those awesome apps which keep me amused for ages :D

Plus it's the one my friends all use anyway.

13. HellBoyX1000

HellBoyX1000 Well-Known Member

14. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I think we've all updated our calenders from 2005 to 2008, maybe you'd like to join us.

I don't have either myspace or facebook, but I've seen too much of each. Facebook is much more organized, controlled, and easy. It doesn't allow users to make their pages terribly hideous while blaring the newest Soulja Boy single.

15. Luk7nk4

Luk7nk4 Well-Known Member

My Canadian friends are urging me to use Facebook, but i just can't get there because of my super computer i use at work.
    So i just stick to Communities.

16. PuffyChain

PuffyChain Well-Known Member

i prefer facebook more than myspace...

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I liked my myspace, I spent hours perfecting the custom mods all over it, but the mods were slowing down my browsing and everyone elses...

I since moved on, to facebook, less bandwidth required to use.

18. PuffyChain

u r right hypnos...
    even facebook have more user than myspace now...

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It's also the current fad, like tagged, and all the rest, a new one will take over.

Twitter is the newest one, and it's got steam...but it only allows pure micro blogging, thus why facebook is still going despite the notes allowing proper blogging.

20. PuffyChain

ohh... i just hv FB and MS only
    but i rarely login my myspace now because i feel too boring to use myspace now
    so i hv go to FB plus FB have many interesting application like quiz, games etc...