1. This forum is in read-only mode.

EZY Flash 3-in-1 questions

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mini_matesy, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mini_matesy

mini_matesy Member

Hi all,

First of all apologies as i know this sort of question is asked on alot of forums but I have seen contradicting information and though this would be the best place to get some solid answers.

FYI: I have a DS Lite

Does the 3-in-1 with an R4? ( i think mine is a clone)

How fast do GBA roms run on it?

Is it difficult to save your game when playing GBA games using it? ( I have read some people have the DS freeze)

If it does work with the R4, do you just play the roms from the micro SD?

Is there a limit to how many games you can run on it? (other than storage limitations, obviously)

Lastly, I love gba games and would love to be able to play them on my ds without lugging around all my old carts...from someone who has this or knows a lot about it, Is it worth the expense?

Thank you in advance for your help and for not flaming me for asking these questions (he said hopefully)

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes, it works with an R4. Speed is the same. You can save like normal usually. Yes, you can use something like GBA exploader. Probably not, unless the firmware has a limit to how many files it can display. It is worth it, there's many great GBA games out there :)

3. mini_matesy

mini_matesy Member

Thanks very much for you help Anandjones - I'm going to order one right now......can't wait.

4. mini_matesy

mini_matesy Member

I have ordered the card and it should come by Thursday.

I now have a few more questions if anyone would be so kind.

1. Do I have to save the roms to any specific location on my micro sd?

2. Do I have to patch the gba roms?

3. Is GBA Exploader the best program to use?

Also a few miscellaneous things I was curious about.

- Is it correct that the ez flash can only hold one rom at a time, and that you have to delete the current one to put a new one on?

- What is the method of saving (I read some things about changing file names.....lost me)

Any other information to get me started would also be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks again for your assistance,

Jon

5. 0ld8oy

0ld8oy Member

I've never had any issue with GBA ExpLoader. The readme that comes with it is pretty straight forward with the set-up. You'll basically just create a few folders on your SD card with the names specified in the readme and drag and drop you games into the GBA folder.

GBA roms do not need to be patched and can actually be trimmed of any unnecessary data and still run perfectly. A good trimming program is NDSTokyoTrim (google).

GBA ExpLoader has an easy interface for playing games. In PSRAM mode you just select which game you want to play, press A, and it will automatically delete the previous game and start the new one. If you press the R button once from the opening screen, you'll go to NOR mode which will save a game on the flash cart that will be playable on any DS. With a game saved in NOR mode, you can still go into PSRAM mode, play any game, and not lose you NOR game and save data since they are 2 different memory modes.

Once you create the required folders on your SD card saving isn't a problem. All PSRAM saves are saved as a .sav file in the saves folder while all NOR saves are saved to the cartridge like a real GBA cartridge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.