1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ezflash vi help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rachy, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rachy

rachy Member

Hi , ive got one of these and im going to get a dsi , is it the same software for the card if its on a ds lite or a dsi?
    so basically if it works in a ds lite it will work in a dsi?

2. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

No no no.
    Some flashcarts that work on the DSlite don't work on a DSi.
    Get an Acekard2i instead.

3. rachy

rachy Member

I was told this one worked on dsi tho?
    Dont want to go and get another when i already have one if that makes sense?

4. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I get what you mean ;D
    If it works go for it,I just said that cause I'm not sure if that one works on a DSi. ;)

5. rachy

rachy Member

Okidoki , thanks :)

6. susanahn3

susanahn3 New Member

Have both EZ Flash V+ (works great on DSlite) and the Vi (which has stopped working on the DSi??!). I'm trying to find out if there's a solution to the card or if I need to get another one.
    Like U, I don't want to change cards for no reason...

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

YES!! it will work on a dsi!! just make sure that you update it to work on 1.4U/E/J!!

1.4 update - http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=6173

most recent kernel - http://filetrip.net/f7868-EZ5-Kernel-2-0-RC7.html

make sure to backup your save files, delete the save folder, and then let the new kernel make a new save folder! then put your saves into the newly created save folder! this will help you out a lot!

and if you get a fatal error fat 32...blah blah blah........just copy a save file and then rename it for use with the new .nds file

if you need any help just ask!

8. rachy

rachy Member

Ive got the latest 2.0 kernel and i just added the 1.4 thingy lol but now im just getting a blue booting screen?
    The software i have showing is
    EZ5Shell (folder with los of files)
    ez5firmwarev5.nds
    ez5sys.bin
    ez5firmwareUP_14.nds.

Now im trying it on a ds lite as i dont have a dsi yet..... friend wants a card for her little girls xmas so trying to help them out but its a bugger not being able to test it. With that software on should it not work in the ds but work in the Dsi? anyone near Luton LOL

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

in order to update to 1.4 on your ez flash vi just run the ez5firmwareUP_14.nds and follow the instructions.....now just follow the instructions and don't turn off the power!!!

just use your power cable during this process as it uses a lot of energy! and if you're using a dsl, you shouldn't have a problem with it working on a dsi!

but just run the .nds file and follow the instructions CAREFULLY!!

then it will ask for a complete shutoff of the system! and then you'll be able to use it on the dsi!! ;)

hope this helps!

10. rachy

rachy Member

But it wont get to the point i can run the .nds as it wont go past the booting stage?
    Post Merge: [time]1259099782[/time]
    Ok i played about , took software off and put new software on , ran the update it said i had the latest so no need to update just turn power off.
    Hopefully this will now work in a dsi, fingers crossed!!

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

hope it does!! if you need any help, just ask!

12. susanahn3

susanahn3 New Member

I've been following since I'm having troubles with dsi (flash card doesn't work now in both dslite/dsi). Loaded the files mentionned above but can't find ez5firmwarev5.nds. How can I find this specific file?
    Thanks!!

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

did you do this? ???

1.4 update - http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=6173

most recent kernel - http://filetrip.net/f7868-EZ5-Kernel-2-0-RC7.html

but if you REALLY need version 5 firmware, then here you go! - http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=4582

but i would suggest doing the 1.4 update because it is the most recent and stable and it works with the dsi v. 1.4 firmware!

so it will work on your dsi and your dsl if you update to v. 1.4!

but just remember to follow what if have written above and you'll be fine!

14. tanmannn

tanmannn Member

Hi

I have a dstti card and tried it in the dsi and it worked then i loaded the dsiware software for the dsi browser and low and behold the dstti card is 'not recoginised' what can i do where did i go wrong ??

Thanx

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

you probably need to download the latest update (1.4) for your card

here is a guide on how to update the dstti! - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=178993

go to google and type in - download dstti 1.4 update gbatemp

you should get something if not then just pm me and ill find it for you im on my wii right now or else i would. ;)

hope this helps

16. tanmannn

tanmannn Member

Hi there

I found this too but still no joy either with using the tti card or the dsi reading any sd card ??

i am at a loss

thanx for your help

rgds
    Post Merge: [time]1259604824[/time]
    Hi again

seems the dstti doesnt work with the 1.4 firmware ive tried a few things now

I downloaded the 'newest' software from nintendo to get the web browser and it seems to have done something to not being able to read the card

maybe just get an ezflash card

thanx for your help

rgds

17. tanmannn

tanmannn Member

Hi ace

to get my head around this

the firmware is for the card only it only updates the card is this correct ??

if this is so if i get my hands on another dsi with say 1.3 firmware and go thru the motions it will only update the card and not the dsi ??

thanxs again

tan

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

yes, the update for the card ONLY updates the dstti card, nothing else.

you will either need a lower firmware dsi, or a ds phat or dsl. doesn't matter which one, but something that doesn't block the flash cart.

i know what you mean! i didn't know that a flash cart could be updated until i had my ezflash vi and i had to update because of the 1.4U update on the dsi! so i was new to it too once (just a couple of months ago), but now it's easy and almost all of the updates do the same thing essentially. :p

19. tanmannn

tanmannn Member

Majic news

thanx

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

you're welcome!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.