1. This forum is in read-only mode.

EZFlash 3-in-1 - Where to buy? What's "V" and "Vi"?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Aldar, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

I Am looking into buying one of these for my NDSLite mostly to play GBA games and whatever else you might can do with it that i don't know about yet.
    What i need is a cheap place to go and buy it, plus i have no idea what the "V" and "Vi" things i found on the end of some of the labels on google mean.

Examples
    EZ-FLASH 3 in 1 expansion pack for EZ-FLASH V - $21.95 : Gamekool.com
    EZ Flash Vi,EZ Vi Flash,EZFlash Vi for N DS / NDS Lite / NDSi ..

Help is appreciated.
    Also, what happened to DealExtreme? They used to carry 3-in-1's and lots of Slot1 flash carts, but now there are none on their site that i can find. I Was looking into getting a flashcart for my NDSi to tide me over until Cyclo releases one. (long wait)
    Anyway, that's enough of that. Help if you can, Thanks in advance.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

DX doesn't sell flashcarts of any kind anymore. Even the SKU's.

You can buy a 3-in-1 here - http://shoptemp.com/products/EZ-3-in-1-Extension-Kit-for-Nintendo-DS-Lite-p-40.html

The "V" and "Vi" are just the EZ Flash's slot-1 flashcarts.
    V and V plus are for NDS Phat/Lite and the Vi is for all of them.
    I used to have the EZ Flash Vi. It was pretty good, but not the best card.

3. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Well for slot1 i currently have a fully upgraded (b.3) CycloDS Evolution.
    So if it doesn't matter for Slot2 then i don't really care about it. Thanks for the info and link, gonna check it out right now. :)

::EDIT::

On a side-note i noticed they have some good prices on flash carts too... Acekard2i being only $15 and all.
    Is that the one i should focus on? I Just want the one with the most compatibility and the most active updates (like Cyclops).

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I would buy an EZ Flash 3-in-1, but I don't have a DS Lite personally, and it would be a waste of money.
    So, I'm just going to get the SCDSTwo.

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

CycloDS + EZ Flash 3in1 is an incredible combination. I recommend that combo above all others.

6. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Thank you both for the opinions. :)

I Agree it would probably be fantastic, and my DSlite works perfectly still (Thanks to Hori screen protectors, a REALLY good Crystal Case, and some new retractable metal stylus' with slightly softer tips)... i just hate having a DSi and not using it... ever. Such a waste of $180... and now with the XL! Just makes my bodily fluids boil.

I Was looking at the SCDSTwo also and saw that it too can do GBA Emulation which is the main reason i wanted a 3-in-1, but the community and reliability of my Cyclo is so hard to detach myself from. Maybe i should just sell my practically new DSi (yeah and then iCyclo or something will come out!)

7. LuckyTrouble77

I would just sell the DSi personally. If you're never going to use it and it is in like new condition, you could probably sell it for $120 to $150.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You're welcome. XP
    I am still waiting to see what Team Cyclops does.

I also want to see what all of the other flashcart teams will do as well.

I would say keep the DSi if you want, but if it's just sitting there, then do what you want to do.

9. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

I Think i might call the local CDSwap Shop tomorrow and see what they offer for a basically new DSi, with box/manuals/new metal retractable stylus', crystal case, and soft foam sleeve with DSi wriststrap. If it's a decent offer then i might just take it. If not then they can shove it! lol

Thanks again you 2 for the opinions and help, it is appreciated.

10. LuckyTrouble77

Just happy to make sure you get the best items for your money. :)

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

They won't offer you over $100 UDS most likely, so don't get your hopes up about a big sum of money. :p

12. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Oh yeah i know, i don't expect a lot because they really short-change people on games and music a lot.
    I Think they pay like $.50 for an older CD and maybe $2 or something for a PS2 game.
    Seems way too cheap when you're selling, but i suppose it helps in the buying part.

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Oh, I know. :p

I sold a PS2 game to GameStop once and got $0.50 for it... :(

But, it wasn't too popular.
    I am hopefully going to get a job soon, so I will be able to buy all of the shit I need for school, piracy, etc, etc. Though piracy comes first. ;)

14. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

That's my kinda Quote right there! I Might have to Sig it. lol

:EDIT:

I Had to do it! lol

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That is pretty good. :D

Thank you! XD

16. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

It's the only time i found myself wanting to quote a member instead of someone more noteworthy (H.P.Lovecraft being my favorite to use)

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I feel honored! ;D
    Thank you!

The other day I sold 3 PS3 games to GS and got like...$30 or so in trade-in credit!
    That went to something...I forget what it was... :p
    I don't have a PS3 and the games were gifts from my Grandma, so I just sold'em.

18. game4nds

game4nds Active Member

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

20. game4nds

game4nds Active Member

not clear,but reliablity is the key,wherever it is.