1. This forum is in read-only mode.

EZFlash 3-in-1 Help (Cyclo Ds)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Zack11190, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zack11190

Zack11190 Member

I just got EZFlash 3-in-1 today, and I can't get it to work. I put something called 3in1_Expack_Tool (v 1.39) in the root folder of my microSD card and used Cyclo DS to boot it. Problem is, the program says that it can't find the EZFlash 3-in-1 cart. Can anyone help?

I don't think that it is defective, because the rumble feature works.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You don't need to use the 3in1 expack tool with CycloDS. It can handle GBA games by itself.

Make sure you are using the latest version of the firmware (1.54).

3. Zack11190

Zack11190 Member

I tried that too. Cyclo DS doesn't recognize the EZFlash 3-in-1 either. Whenever I go to the settings and choose "Load from Slot 2" I get an error message saying something like "A compatible slot 2 device was not found"

4. TirithRR

Load from slot 2 only works if there is something stored in the Slot 2 RAM.

You need to put the GBA games on your MicroSD in the CycloDS. Then you choose it from the list like you would a Nintendo DS game.

PSRAM puts the game in temporary memory (but makes a .sav file for the game on your MicroSD card so you don't lose your save).
    NOR mode loads the ROM to the NOR Ram, and that will let you use the "Load From Slot 2" selection. But If you use this and the PSRAM mode for the same game, you will run into problems where you lose your Saved Game files.

Just use the PSRAM mode and it will be better.

5. Zack11190

Zack11190 Member

Well, my GBA games are not showing up. I even put them in a GBA folder.

Just to be clear, the file extension for the games are .gba, right?

6. TirithRR

Oh, I think I remember now.

You need to load your MicroSD on your computer, and open the configuration file of your cyclods.

There is an option that was removed for the GBA Compatibility mode in the latest version, that for some reason is not on by default. Let me grab my CycloDS and get an exact how to on it.

Edit:

Ok, hook your MicroSD to your computer, and open up the CycloDS Folder.
    Find the file: config.xml
    Open this with Word Pad.
    Look for:
    <gbaSupportEnabled>0</gbaSupportEnabled>
    Change the 0 to a 1 and save the file.

Close this and then load the MicroSD back into your CycloDS.

7. Zack11190

Zack11190 Member

Awesome! It worked. Thank you very much.

8. TirithRR

It's unfortunate that TeamCyclops removed this from the in-card settings menu.

Before, when the GBA support was in BETA it was in the menu to be turned on/off. But once it got out of BETA and was fully operational, they removed it from the menu. Unfortunately it also defaults to Off so unless you know where to look it can't be found and changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.