1. This forum is in read-only mode.

EZflash 3-in-1 - can I cut off that part that sticks out?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by CharrX, Mar 25, 2010.

1. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

So, I got myself a CycloDS (awesome) as well as an ezflash expansion pack.
    Since I have a regular old DS, the ezflash won't fit; can I just cut off this little plastic part that sticks out?

Thanks in advance!

2. Qtis

Qtis Member

You can do that without damaging the card. Do it if you want to :)

//Qtis

3. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

Ok, great, once it's in the Slot-2 I probably won't need to take it out anymore, so it doesn't matter if it gets stuck.

Thanks!

4. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

Sorry for the DP, but I just want to be sure that I don't screw up and break my DS or so.

Ok, I cut off that part, and with a file filed off the other part at the top of the EZFlash, the whole thing now fits into the DS.
    How do I have to continue now?

5. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Wait. DID YOU GET THE EZ-FLASH 3IN1 FOR THE DS LITE?! If you did, the little plastic part isn't your problem. It's the fact that it's too small for the DS Phat's Slot-2.

6. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

Uh, using tape I made sure that I can simply pull it out again, after all, I don't want it to be stuck in there ^^'

7. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Wow. You should try melting something more solid to that though. I mean, what if the tape falls off and gets the 3in1 trapped in your slot-2?

8. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

It wouldn't matter anyways, since I most likely will never need to take it out again :p

But yeah, I'm pretty sure that I'll add something better, vacations now, so I'll have enough time to experiment around ^-^

Anyways, what's the next step?

9. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Unless you want to play the GBA games that require the actual cart because of the twisting.. Like WarioWare Twisted or Yoshi Topsy Turvy.

...And this is why I question there to be ROMs of those games on the internet, too, since you can't exactly play those games on emulators or flash carts....

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Because some people collect roms just for the hell of collecting them, and collections wouldn't be complete without them. Emulators may be able to emulate the tilt sensors anyway.

11. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Not VBA or No$GBA..... :\

12. Loonylion

even if they cant currently it wouldnt be impossible to emulate.

13. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

True, I guess ^^'

But anyways, at the moment my CycloDS still tells me that there's no compatible Slot-2 Device inserted, I have to kind of "install" it on the CycloDS, right?

14. Loonylion

if you're trying to play GBA roms you may need a loader on your slot1 flashcart depending on what your slot1 cart is.

15. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

CycloDS evolution, as already stated, what loader do I need for that?

16. titen96

titen96 Well-Known Member

gba exploader

17. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

CycloDS has it's own built in GBA Loader. You may have to turn it on in the config file though, if it is not on. If GBA games appear on your card when you put it in your CycloDS, then it's already turned on. Just select the file like you would an NDS game.

18. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

Ugh, they do show up, but I get this "No compatible Slot-2 Device found"-message...

EDIT: pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

That is probably due to the insertion of the slot-2 device. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that it will never properly sit in the phat without a pack that specifically fits into the phat.

Last time I checked, realhotstuff was still selling EZ Flash 3in1 for the phat.

20. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

Huh. I don't think so, after all, a GBA-cartridge and an EZFlash Expansion pack both have the same form (except for the size difference).
    Also, I put some pics of it in the upper post.