1. This forum is in read-only mode.

EZ-Flash Vi or R4?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Blazaking, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Blazaking

Blazaking Member

Okay, so I'm faced with a bit of dilemma. A while back, my EZFlash Vi went bad. I recently went to the shop I bought it from, but they said they were selling R4s now. Now, I'm not sure whether its the actual discontinued R4 or one of its clones. Anyway, I'm not that interested in buying an R4.

So, what do you think I should do? Buy the R4 (or possibly a clone), or order an EZ-Flash Vi online? I also want to get the 3in1 Expansion pack with it so that I can Pal Park my old pokémon from my Ruby ROM.

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

I'd say get neither of those, get an Acekard2i. The R4 is only good if you can guarantee that it'll run the new Wood R4 firmware (won't work on clones) and if you are happy using only 2GB MicroSD cards. So if money is tight, get an R4 from http://shoptemp.com
    but if you can afford it, I'd recommend the Acekard2i.
    As for the EZFlash 3 in 1, it's a great slot-2 card, I'd recommend it.

EDIT: I have no idea why Romulation has added the "?romulation" bit to the link, but it still works.

3. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

I don't know
    EZ FLASH is better then R4
    but wood r4 is better then ez flash.

But if I were you,
    I would buy EZ flash

4. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

It depends. If the EZFlash is cheaper than the R4, then definitely get the EZFlash. The only reason to get the R4 is the price anyway. If the EZFlash costs the same as/more than the Acekard2i, then get the Acekard2i.

5. 6Toushiro9

6Toushiro9 Well-Known Member

Buy here: shoptemp.com