1. This forum is in read-only mode.

EZ-Flash V

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by naomic, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naomic

naomic Member

help i bought an EZ flash V off ebay cas i heard that i could just use it for extra memory, an goin on the internet an playin gba games. i already use an R4. i have recieved in the post just this gba shape thing, if i put it in my dslite without any other game/r4 anything then nothing is recognised. ive tried looking on the internet but all the sites assume i know what im doing in the slightest! please help!!!

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That's how it's meant to work-it's an add on for those carts.

To play gba games off it store games on the r4.

And find the program for flash cards that links them

"gba exploader"

Thru that on your r4 you should be able to find and select gba games on the r4.

Other than that it's extra memory for net browsing/rumble in certain games.

3. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Hi,this is a guide a kind member sent me.Its something along the lines of this you have to do.

(1) Insert your MicroSD card into your computer and go to the root of the card.
    (2) Download Rudolph's GBA Loader
    (3) Extract the Downloaded File into the root of your Micro SD Card.
    (4) Create a new folder in the root of the Micro SD card. Name it GBA. In folder GBA, create another folder called Saves.
    (5) Put the desired games on your MicroSD card.
    (6) Power up your DS/DS Lite
    (7) Load up Rudolph's GBA Loader.
    (8) Choose different modes by pressing R on your DS/DS Lite

4. mr.nintendo

mr.nintendo Well-Known Member

does it work on dsi

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If it has "i" in the card's name then yes.

But the gba explaoder trick does not-dsi's lack slot 2 port.

So no gba for dsi owners :(

6. mr.nintendo

mr.nintendo Well-Known Member

maybe someone will discover a way to play gba games on dsi even if not it dose not matter

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Unfortunaltly many topics have been discussed-at the moment it's VERY difficult to do.

Unless your willing to learn programing and do it your self...ain't gonna happen.

8. naomic

naomic Member

okay, so i need software for it. so if i download software from EZ site, do i put it onto my existing sd card, and that into my r4, and somehow when they are both plugged in together the ez flash gets the software from in the R4??? or have i got the wrong end of the stick? plus, to use internet browser do i need separate software? sorry for being abit thick :s and thanks for everyones help so far :)

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you have the EZFlash V 3 in 1, Slot 2 expansion pack. Like this: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967

It doesn't need firmware. But you need homebrew programs to access it. GBAExploader or the 3 in 1 expansion pack tool. You can get them from www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds and go under "Essential Utilities".

10. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Yes,you put the Rudolph file you DL onto the sdcard and also create the game folder and sav folder.You will put the GBA games in the GBA folder youve created.Then when you switch on you want to choose to boot into the slot 2 option(which is the icon with the square face and z going through it).You didnt say if your EZ unit is new or 2nd hand,so may be a good idea to look at a guide on here on how to change the internal battery in the unit,in case its flat and could give you problems saving games etc

Theres no good guide to watch on Youtube,its either some geek acting like its an audition for Big Brother or someone with lame camera skills.

11. naomic

naomic Member

wow thankyou thankyou very much appreciated! cant wait to play superstar saga lol. one last thing....how do i get to use the internet browser? because if i save the rom amongst all my other ds games it tells me there is no memory expansion in...do i need to rename it as a gba file or is there something obvious im missing? also, you said to choose to boot into the slot 2, my ds will not let me choose, i am accessing the games by going into the gbaexploader file in the games section, then gba games from there does this matter? also it created the save file for me, no idea how lol :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.