1. This forum is in read-only mode.

EZ Flash 3 in 1

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by toyeboy, May 9, 2010.

1. toyeboy

toyeboy Member

I have an R4SDHC, i thought it would play GBA games too, but i now know that slot 1 cards can't play GBA....so will the EZ flash 3 in 1 slot 2 device play them? how does it do it? is there built in memory on it? i'm a little confused. I even went on the manufacturers website and they didn't give much of an explanation. thanks.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The Nintendo DS has everything it needs to play GBA games. It basically has a GBA built in. But it is only accessible from Slot 2 (The GBA Slot on your DS). Your Slot 1 (NDS Slot) cannot use the GBA portion of the DS. I don't know the details about why/how, but that's basically the way it is.

So, you purchase a Slot 2 card like the EZFlash 3 in 1. The Slot 1 card loads a game onto the memory in the EZFlash 3 in 1, then the DS treats the EZFlash as a GBA game and plays it. This can be temporary (PSRam) which will be removed when you turn off your DS, or permanent (NOR) which turns the EZFlash into a copy of the GBA game until you erase or write over the game stored on it.

3. toyeboy

toyeboy Member

okay thank you... that definitely helps clear it up for me. So all I will have to do is put my GBA roms on my R4's memory and the ez flash will play them?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Depending on your firmware, you may have to use a homebrew loader to load the GBA games onto the EZFlash. Like GBAExploader. You can find it under essential utilities on the www.linfoxdomain.com/ds website.

5. game4nds

game4nds Active Member

new flashcart can solve such problems,such as EX4DS,Supercard DSTWO,but now they don't release at all,and a few days maybe come out.

6. eyeball226

eyeball226 Well-Known Member

They use emulation which still isn't great. The 3in1 is much more compatible and will run at full speed because it's using the actual hardware present in the DS.

7. toyeboy

toyeboy Member

I'll be getting the 3 in 1 then