1. This forum is in read-only mode.

EZ Flash 3 In 1 Expansion Pack

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cowcat06, Jan 27, 2010.

1. cowcat06

cowcat06 Well-Known Member

HELP!!! I don't know what software I need to get it to run. I'm trying to set up my R4 card before I buy the EZ Flash. Can someone tell me if I have the right stuff on my R4?
    *On the top screen it says:
    -GBA(above that it says 2 games(but there are at least 7 in the folder). When I press A on the GBA it says 0 games on the very top.
    -Right below where it says GBA it says NDS(all my NDS games are in there & play just fine)
    -Next it says SAVE(I found out I needed a save folder)
    -Next it says GBA_ExpLoader.nds
    -Next it says ez5firmwareV15.nds
    Did I do everything right I hope? & All I need is the EZ Flash cart to put in slot 2? & In the GBA folder I can have as many games as I want including GB/GBC games?(I have a 2gb microsd card) & How often do I have to keep updating the software to keep the games working? I hope the games will save just fine & I have all the correct software.

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

That all sounds right.
    Don't worry that the R4 says 0 games, the 3 in 1 should recognise them.
    I'm not sure why you have the ez5firmwareV15.nds. You shouldn't need that to run GBA games using your R4 and 3 in 1.
    And do you know which version of GBA Exploader you have? Because I started off with 0.58 and some games didn't save (it's supposed to auto patch them) so I changes to 0.57 and it worked brilliantly.
    I don't think you'll have to update the software at all, because there aren't any new GBA games coming out.
    As for GB/GBC games, the EZFlash 3 in 1 can't directly run those. But there is a really good GB/GBC emulator for your slot 1 card (R4) called lameboy.
    That should be it.

3. cowcat06

^I have GBAExploader v 0.58. Can you give me the link for the 0.57? Once it's on my computer I extract it right? It's been awhile so I can't remember how to do it. For saving the GBA games do I have to do anything special like select Nor mode? Is that all I select before starting a GBA game? & Do I have to do that every time I start a certain game? Can you give me the link for the Lameboy? I heard though with Lameboy certain games don't work right like there's problems w/bosses at the end something like that. Is that true? & Do I need to create a folder called GB/GBC? & another save folder? I have the 2gb microsd card. Approx how many games will fit on there NDS/GBA/GB/GBC combinded? I'm glad to know I can play the GB/GBC games right now w/out the EZ Flash.

4. Fredbox

I numbered your huge list of questions to make it easier to answer them all.

1. http://filetrip.net/f2235-GBA-ExpLoader-0-57.html

2. Yeah, just use winrar to exract it and put the file on your micro SD card in place of the one you have right now.

3. GBA Exploader auto patches most games. NOR mode is used for games that are bigger than 16MB (only a few 32MB games), because you can only fit 16MB in the PSRAM. When you put a rom on the PSRAM it's very quick to copy over, but it'll dissappear when you next switch it off (your save will be kept). But with the NOR mode, it takes much longer to put the game on there, but you can then run the game directly off the card either through the DS menu, or on the R4's menu (it's not good for the card to keep copying things to and from the NOR all the time).
    As for saving, after you finish playing a game on PSRAM and turn it off, next time you load up GBA ExpLoader it'll ask you if you want to back up your save (to a .sav file on your microSD). If you don't back it up, and load a different game, that'll overwrite your save (so backing up after playing is usually a good idea).

4. http://filetrip.net/f5597-Lameboy-DS-0-12.html

5. For GBA games, you can put the roms wherever you want, and GBA Exploader will automatically make the save folders etc by itself. For GB/GBC you'll have to read the instructions that come with the emulator.

6.I have no idea. Just keep adding the games you want the most untill you run out of space. But this is important! Make sure you leave a bit of room for GB/GBC save files on the microSD, because if you don't have room, and Lameboy tries to make one, it'll corrupt your card (happened to me once whilst on holiday, couldn't get to a PC to format it. It was irritating).

There you go, I think I answered everything. I know the bit about saving and NOR and PSRAm is a bit confusing. If you're still confused, I'll see if I can't explain a bit better.

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Its happen to you two Fredbox your

four is a 8

Have a look at your step numbers, also happing with my pages with steps, This is weard...

6. Fredbox

I don't quite know what you mean...

7. Jhon 591

If i type in a number four, for some resion 8 number is there after you click on post

Are do you see it as a number 8 or four on your pc

How do you see number four. , i see it as a number eight

8. Fredbox

It's a weird problem at you end, because I see it as a four here.

9. Jhon 591

It must be, but someone else has mentiond it hear at the bottom of his post

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=33103.msg586997#msg586997

I thought i was gowing nuts, so it not me just for some, mabe a network problem... lol!

10. Fredbox

That's weird, but it's not happening to me.

11. Jhon 591

Ok, I will check it tommoro...

I have also mention it to the modulators, mabe they know somethink...

Chears Fredbox , Lest i know its not my PC, if it happens to overs

12. cowcat06

I've got a total of 46 games-NDS/GB/GBC/GBA. I can't afford to have my card crash! Do I have space for more or is it filled up? I sure won't know what to do & I'll be steaming mad if any of my save data's get erased. Saving GBA games sounds confusing. So wich is the best mode to use? PSAM or NOR? I don't want anything happening to my list of GBA games & their saves when I turn on the system again. The GB/GBC games run fine except what is with the bosses on 6 Golden Coins? Is there a glitch free 6 Golden Coins or is it Lameboy? You can't battle them! It's one of my favorite games.

13. Fredbox

How am I supposed to know? It depends on the sizes of the games. You can simply check how full it is by right clicking on it in "My computer" and choosing properties. Just make sure it's not completely full and you should be fine.
    As for GBA saves, it doesn't really matter whether you use PSRAM or NOR, they should both save. You only really need to use NOR if the game won't fit in the PSRAM (if it's bigger than 16MB). Every time you load up GBA Exploader it'll ask you if you want to back up your save. Just say yes and you'll be fine.

14. cowcat06

Thanks for all your help. You really cleared stuff up. I put the GBAExploader v0.57 on my card. All I need to do now is get the EZ Flash 5 Expansion Pack. One more question. That is the one to get right? I want to store more than 1 GBA game so I can easily switch between them. Thanks Again!

15. Fredbox

You store the GBA roms on your R4's microSD, and use GBA Exploader to load the one you want to play to the PSRAM. So the EZFlash can only hold one game at a time, but loading the games is as easy as loading DS roms on your R4.

16. cowcat06

Which expansion pack is the better one to get the M3DS Real GBA Expansion or EZ Flash?

17. Fredbox

Well, the EZ Flash seems to be more supported and is the one that I have and it works great for me. I'm surprised you haven't got one yet, this thread is months old.

18. cowcat06

I'm finally getting one this month. ;D Which place do you suggest I order from realhotstuff.com or wiiloveds.com? & How soon do you get it-in 2 days if you choose the lowest shipping cost?

19. Counterstrike

Counterstrike Well-Known Member

i see 8 too lol

20. Fredbox

I don't really know. I got mine from Dealextreme but they don't sell anything like that any more.

In Jhon's post I see an 8 instead of a 4, but my post still seems fine.