1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Extracting NDS Issues Win RAR

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ROMMUM, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROMMUM

ROMMUM Member

Ive tried to download a few NDS roms lately the lastest was 4004 - G-Force - USA and it seems to download fine then when I go to check it our using Win RAR it comes up with an error saying source file cannot be found same with 3990 - Puzzle City - USA. Ive downloaded heaps and so I know its not something Im doing incorrectly. Help please its very frustrating having got through the whole download process to not be able to extract the files.

2. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

I've got WinRAR and when I download stuff from here I just right click it and pick extract here.

3. ROMMUM

ROMMUM Member

So do I this is just occuring on some files likes the the 3990 - Puzzle City - USA and the other file I mentioned.

4. xXGuydoXx

xXGuydoXx Active Member

Sounds to me like someone didn't pack the files correctly, or an error may have occured while doing so. I wouldn't know because I wouldn't download either of those games myself. I just stick with ZipGenius. It does my RAR's and ZIP's just fine.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I only get THAT message when it's not finished downloading correctly...

Are you using a download manager-I suggest you do so...

Win rar is reliable, but personally, I use 7zip-it's all I need :)

Try again, and if you can, with a manager, 1 kb could wreck the download...check file sizes.

That's all i can suggest for now.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Errors like "Cannot find source" usually mean you are using Internet Explorer and clicked "Open" instead of "Save" on the download prompt.

"Open" puts the file into a temporary folder and then tries to open the file. Sometimes this temporary file is removed/lost before it's opened. I don't know why exactly, probably some sort of limit on temporary file size or error in handling larger temporary files by Windows.

"Save" puts the file into a location specified by you. Then you can open it when ever you want to. It is always best to choose "Save" rather than "Open".

If you aren't already, use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer to make it easier for you. Also make sure you have the latest version of Winrar. You can find it at http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm

7. Mario94

Mario94 Well-Known Member

yeah make sure you press save and also use firefox...

also try re downloading becauseit sometime breaks during download

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.