1. This forum is in read-only mode.

extinfo.dat making?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Inunah, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

How would I find the errcode=-4 part of a DSi enhanced ROM and make a bypass for the errcode=-4 part of that deal, and then compile it into an extinfo.dat I've got for Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing????

Quick version, please.
    And no programs that require installing, please.
    And no programs that get flagged by anti-virus programs, please.
    And I don't want to learn any coding shit unless it's easy and takes less than an hour.

Because seriously. If you can fix errcode=-4 with this then i'm not passing this opportunity up.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Well, with that list of exclusions:

Do you really expect to get anything done? If it was that easy, it would be done already. It's not like you'll be able to wave a wand and make it done :)

3. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

But from what I heard, errcode=-4 is a small part of the ROM... So all i'd have to learn is how to fix that part, and how to compile the fixed stuff with an already existing extinfo.dat and all that... Right?

4. TirithRR

It's not part of the ROM, it's an error code from the firmware. It has to do with the Software Development Kit (SDK) used to create DSi game versus the SDK for the DS games. The firmware doesn't handle the DSi SDK stuff correctly.

(Way beyond my expertise here...)

5. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Then how exactly would I fix that? Or is that not known yet?

If it helps, the only 2 games I'm wanting to make fixes for are Bejeweled Twist and Jam Sessions 2 because it's like NOBODY is trying to fix those games.

6. TirithRR

Well, seeing as how you don't want to spend the time to learn anything, and don't want to install any programs, you won't be able to fix it.

It will definitely take more than an hour (a lot more) for you to learn anything from scratch. If you want to find out where to start, start asking around in the proper communities. I have no idea where the beginning is.
    http://www.gbatemp.net/
    http://www.romhacking.net/

7. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I don't understand romhacking.net at all, and i'm already asking GBATemp.

...Would it take more than an hour to learn just the errcode=-4 part? Because I'm willing to take the time to learn the junk if it's not the whole thing, and only the errcode=-4 part...

I really did go to romhacking.net, but learning hexadecimal is a bunch of bs with the way these beginner tutorials are set as if we still understand a 5th grade math level without even trying to mathify something for over a year. In the middle of it, I read over it like six times but still don't understand where they pulled the number 16 from when they're converting hexadecimal to binary.

8. TirithRR

Maybe someone with some Homebrew experience can point you in the right direction. But I'd wager that the errcode=-4 part is one in the same with the whole thing, and that it won't be any easier just to learn that part, since it likely involves learning everything else too :)

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just saying if it were as easy as a couple hours of reading up an answer and then applying the patch, I'm sure someone would have done it by now.

I could be wrong, but I'd still put money on it being a fairly in depth process that would likely require some knowledge about homebrew and flashcart firmware programming.

9. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

They'll probably point me to romhacking.net..... And since i've already tried that but got confused by the math (is there any way that I could get the math done for me? Calculators can't display letters, and I can only remember how to multiply up to like 9 x 7.) there's probably no hope for me. D:

10. TirithRR

Calculators can display letters. Just switch to Hex. 0-9, and A-F (16 base).

11. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Not any calculators I have. Unless you count that 8008 looks like boob.... Or 1337 looks like leet.

The calculators I have can't even show a friggen graph. :p

They don't have hex buttons either.