1. This forum is in read-only mode.

EXPLODING iphones!

Discussion in 'General News' started by quickcaster, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quickcaster

quickcaster Well-Known Member

I saw it on the news the other day a frenchmans ear nearly got blown off by a exploding iphone and Apple already had a incident where a guy jumped out of a 10th storey building (a worker at the apple manufacturing plant ) who lost a umm new iphone 3G (this is slightly old) and was scraed of his boss beating him and etc

2. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

wow...did it killed him?

3. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

no it barely took his ears

4. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I think he means the guy who jumped out the window

5. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

It shocked me a little.I never thought I'd saw the days of exploding handphones.

6. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Its like the nokia batteries. Damn, I never liked the bluetooth connection calls using my phones, but after hearing news about exploding phones... i think i should go back to phone cables instead of bluetooth...

7. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Its fear of this stuff that I don't have a handphone.

8. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

handphones are okay, what i'm afraid off is exploding in my ear, or hands. But i think nokia recalled all those exploding batteries and exhange them for free... I still dont know why iphones explodes? did Jobs installed it secretly to force you to buy a new one? or get a insurance that it wont explode?

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

nope its battery problems same as all the dell laptops that exploded.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Exploading battries are my worse fears...

But then again-on the news today they were on about the damgers of having multi double adaptors...

I have a double hooked onto a 5 making six XD

(I turn it all off at night now-seeing as it's on a carpet might as well be safe about overloading this thing...)

...but what caused the explosions exactly-cheap battery (even by apple) or overheated?

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

design flaw in the battery.

Also don't be too worried about 'multi double adaptors', I have a 6 way with 3 4 ways and a six way running off it. My bedroom only has one single socket. Just don't run a kettle or a heater off it.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...the house that caught on fire didn't even have that much...

But then again I guess you paid good money for yours-I am only using a cheap $2 one from myers (dis-continued stock-it has a surge protector thankfully)

13. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes, fire is not caused by the numerous cables, but by the extra load possible with that many receps on a single circuit. But if everything is a properly sized wire (Don't use a 10A rated extension cord to feed half a dozen things drawing a total of 15 amps!) and solidily connected (No loose or broken plugs jammed in), the circuit breaker will protect it correctly.

14. quickcaster

quickcaster Well-Known Member

by explode the battery blew and then the entire screen cracked and shattered

15. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Exploding iphones? Ha, what a bullsh... *BANG*

And now, seriously, I heard about a guy who died when his phone battery exploded. He's throat was cut and hie died because of blood loss...

16. AcroneSF

AcroneSF Well-Known Member

this reminds me of an incident where this guy lost his ear and a couple of fingers because he answered his phone while it was recharging.

17. Damn, I just bought one...

even the idea of a potential hand grenade in your pocket. :O

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

All phones have suh a risk-even psp or ds users.

ANything with a battery can be exploadable.

..cheap batteries are worse-that's why I use official batteries when I can to reduce the risk :)

19. AcroneSF

AcroneSF Well-Known Member

Does that make everyone in the world that carries a battery powered device a potential suicide bomber?

20. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

With the right equipment and amount of batteries XD

By "right" I mean "dodgy batteries" and "equipment" with "something to help make it expload in big way".

I could list some tools but I'd best not give ideas-Australia has been lucky thanks to that hotline-but they won't see anything if it's an idea from me :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.