1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Evolution 2

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ZeroSlayer01, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroSlayer01

ZeroSlayer01 Well-Known Member

Evolution for the Dreamcast is probably what started me on RPGs (other than pokemon). Now all I want to do is play Evolution 2. I've downloaded Evolution 2 and also the first dreamcast emulator, and I've tried to download what I think is a bio...and said was a bio.

I've tried all I can think of trying, but the game won't play. The emulator doesn't seem to want to work either. Is there something I'm missing, or something I should do? Can someone please help me? It kind of depresses me that I can't seem to get it to work right. I've even tried changing the bios name, and all that seems to do is make it so that the emulator stops responding....

More info:

I tried most of them, I think, but Chankast was the main one that I tried, or so I believe.

I'm not even sure if what I tried downloading WAS a bios, but I thought it might be.

I don't know about the .rar, but I can unzip them. I have winrar. I just downloaded the game via the download option here.

The software that I'm using is Windows Vista. I have a laptop.

2. ZeroSlayer01

I've tried most of the dreamcast emulators, I think. Can someone at least tell me if the bios come in a torrent file, or if I'm downloading something that's not a bios that's just being called a bios?

3. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

give us the next data:

1) which emulator are you using?

2) Tell us what software are you using: windows, macintosh, etc.

3) Are you downloading the game? or you just download the .rar file.

4) The bios are found here: http://www.emuparadise.org/biosfiles/bios.html

5) do you have winrar?, unrar?, those programs are for opening the rar files that this site hosts.

4. DB_Odin

DB_Odin Well-Known Member

it worked under default setting for mine using chancast
    are you using the spanish version bois? they were buggy and didnt work for everything.
    they are hard to find but english version bois are out there

5. ZeroSlayer01

Thanks for the help so far. I might try again when I get enough points, since I deleted the game last time in my frustration...I gave up.

But I'd like to try again now that I have some answers ^^.

6. ZeroSlayer01

I'm about to redownload Evolution 2 and use the Bios that you suggested. If I'm still having problems, I'll either update this thread or make another one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.