1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ever get depressed when...

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by BladeOFGrass, Jun 22, 2009.

1. BladeOFGrass

BladeOFGrass Well-Known Member

It's a few days until good games come out and you refresh your User Page to see the newest releases and see new Shovelware?

A thought...who buys these games? Does someone really buy the Imagine Series and uploads them? Do they play it? Or, is it some young girl's father doing this to spread his rage at buying his daughter such crap?

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Apparently the Imagine series is what got Ubisoft a shit load of revenu.

Speaking of which they mentioned to millions of viewers at E3, along with with BEST SELLING GENRE EVER: FITNESS.

FITNESS IS NOT A GENRE. WHY MENTION IT AT E3 WHEN EVERYONE THERE DOESN'T CARE.

A lot of people buy it. Cause it's a casual game and stuff. DISAPPOINTMENT.

3. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

a little off-topic, but i got depressed when i played Final Fantasy XII - Revenant Wings, mainly because that's more or less an hour of my life that i can never get back.

:( :( :(

4. getbuck21

getbuck21 Well-Known Member

yeah i heard it was great and i bought it (before i got my R4) and when i played it i got though the tutorial and quit. I've never played it again.

5. BladeOFGrass

It was better then Children of Mana which was the first in that style of game.

I got depressed when I loaded up Black Sigil for the first time. I warmed up to it, but I'm sick of all the random encounters.

6. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

It is now. Wasn't last generation, or the one before that. But this generation has decided to cater towards the delusionally health-conscious out there. Who can fault companies like Nintendo for taking advantage of that with games like Wii Fit if they sell close to half a million units every month without fail?

7. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Oh, the solution is to kill 'casual' game companies and maybe even 'casual' players
    'Effing 10 year old little girls and 40 year old's with kids who don't understand what a video game is
    BAH

8. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

There's clearly a hidden objective to do all those games
    you see, you said those games made them a lot of revenue, and what do you think they're keeping that money for?
    Developing a portable Xbox to go own Sony's and Nintendo's ass on the portable market

9. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

Like that'd ever happen. :D

10. BladeOFGrass

Much like getting into a land war with China, one must never get into a portable war with Nintendo. It doesn't work.

11. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

"
    RAISE YOUR JOYPADS
    YOUR SNES PADS AND JOYSTICKS OF BACK IN THE DAY
    WE ARE GAMERS
    SHOW THEM WHAT WE ARE AND WHO IS NOT THE GAMERS
    WE WAITED
    WE HAVE NOT WAITED FOR THINGS OF TERRIBLE MINDLESSNESS
    "

I'm sick of modern game companies

12. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Well... since Nintendo was the one who created this whole fitness genre and still leads in it, how would Microsoft get any of the money for it?

13. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

it's called entertainment at its pureness

14. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

I also dont like the consept of Football (soccer) games.

If you wanna play PES for free ,get outside.

15. xkoolguy90x

xkoolguy90x Well-Known Member

i agree but a mjority of people who play sports games like to show how good they are in the sport with video games while outside they are either all alone or completly blow.

to the topic, i only get depressed when a game hyped for turns to something you wish you were told it was going to be this way. i was hyped for super robot taisen og:EF but the battle system was sorta not my type and the whole selecting items to equip seemed a bit odd. didnt like it.

16. meyou22

meyou22 Member

Not all casual games are bad, for instance Mario Party DS. Which is probably best in the series because it strays from the console version. It's very unique and different.

I guess I say I'm most disappointed in games that don't make me pick up and play more then 10 times. If it's on my card and doesn't even get opened despite how hyped up I was for it, then I get extremely depressed.

*sigh*