1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Etrian Odyssey ERROR AR codes

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by katamsie, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katamsie

katamsie New Member

Let's don't beat about the bush shall we?
    Thanks to my cousin, I lost my old saved file for etrian odyssey.
    So I decided to re-DO again from beginning. Knowing it will take "sometime" to catch-up with my old saved point in game, I decided to use AR codes for etrian odyssey.
    The problem is when I'm done selecting some of the codes and press enter on the game, it just stuck on loading-white-screen. then I tried on other game using their respective AR codes and it works fine.

So, is there any specific setting needed for this game to work? or any required file/data for etrian odyssey game to play with the AR codes?
    I'm using acekard2i (latest ver.1.5) on my NDS lite (not emu).

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Just try 1 or 2 codes first and see if it works. Using them all at one time on the first instance can usually break it.

3. katamsie

katamsie New Member

OK, now I tried a few codes already. the game and codes work. After I save the game and everytime reload it, it said the save file is corrupted. is it normal for it to be corrupted? or is there anyway I can saved it? --"
    I tried other game cheats just for testing and they just work perfectly fine when load the save file.
    just tell me whatever that goes wrong with my game? ><

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Try it without cheating, and see if the problem still happens. If not, then the cheats are causing it, they are probably unstable.

5. katamsie

katamsie New Member

dam, I guess I cant use cheat for etrian then --" just wonder how other ppl seem to be able to use it tho.

On another note, this might be out of topic. After I change to AKAIO 1.5 that I DownLoaded from http://www.acekard.com/download.php#ak2, there are some games that I cant play as it stuck at loading-white-screen right after you choose the game from menu. (no cheat btw)
    Is there any file that I must put on to my MicroSD root? other than AKAIO 1.5 zip file.
    I'm at total loss here since a lot of old saved games that I played when I still using older version 1.4 are gone.
    Sorry if I sounded noob, but yea I just owned this acekard2i for 1 week only.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You might need to look into enabling DMA modes etc. http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=AKAIO#DMA_Mode Or if you have the latest Acekard loader, switch between AKAIO and that one. Other people might be using different flashcarts.

If you're having a problem with not being able to load your previous save files, rename your current ones to only .sav or change the type in the AKAIO settings.

7. katamsie

katamsie New Member

Just installed the firmware 1.4 for my DSlite and all perfectly fine for now (I hope this doesnt happen again in the future TT).

anyway thx for those who reply and help me with the solutions.
    hav a good day to u all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.