1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Error unpacking [PSX] Gran Turismo 2

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gntlhnds, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gntlhnds

gntlhnds Member

I get this error every time I try to unpack Gran Turismo 2 Simulation Disc with WinRAR:

C:\Downloads\game\Gran Turismo 2 Simulation Disc [SCUS-94488].rar: CRC failed in Gran Turismo 2 [Simulation Disc] [SCUS-94488].img. The file is corrupt

Edit: I also get the same error with the Arcade disc. Now I did have to interrupt the download because of some points issue, but I left the download active in FlashGet, and then resumed them once I was able to.

What should I do about this?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

try redownloading it, it sounds like it did not resume properly. Or something else happened to it.

3. janiefoxkills

janiefoxkills Member

Was this the only response to this issue? :-\ I've been having the same problem when extracting the Gran Turismo 2 iso for PSX. I was considering downloading it here until I came upon this thread; the thing being I'm not about to waste 440 points on a game that won't run. If anyone knows of a solution for this problem it's definitely not yet been resolved, please let me know.

To restate the problem, after the download completes an error pops up when extracting the iso files saying the file is corrupt.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Janiefoxkills,

The problem happens when the file is corrupted during the download. To avoid this use a download manager like Flashget which will let you resume downloads if an interruption happens rather than say "Well, download stopped, the file must be complete!" when it's not actually complete.

And if a corrupt download does happen, you are able to download the file again at no point cost for the next 24 hours.

5. janiefoxkills

janiefoxkills Member

I think I've got it sorted.

I had never downloaded the original ISO from this site, i was just thinking it over since the ISO from an alternate site seemed to be corrupted. Not the case.

Here's the problem: So I downloaded the Gran Turismo 2 ISO and set it to open with 7zip. The downloads all finished without an interruption it seemed, the same as they did last time, but an error occurred each time I tried to open the file directly with 7zip from the download list. The error read that the file could not be extracted because it was either incomplete, corrupted, or unable to be located.

Here's the solution: When I opened the containing folder for the ISO's, the place they were all being sent to after the download completed, I was able to place them right on the desktop. From the desktop you right click on the ISO, (in this case it was in 12 parts so you always right click on the first part and 7zip will automatically complete the remaining portions). From the right click you go to the 7zip option and click 'Extract Here'. 'Here' turns out to mean wherever the files are currently located, (in this case the desktop). Set the password if there is one and click OK. When the extraction finishes the completed file should pop right up on the desktop, ready to play.

To be clear the file contains maybe 3 or 4 folders, you can tell by the size of the file which one is the game. It's usually around 400 MB.

I still have no idea where the error originated. It may have been an interruption in the download itself or an issue with the extraction process, or even that people didn't know what to do with the 8 or 12 parts of the ISO, but this is what worked for me. I know this post is pretty old but please reply if this solves your issue with the GT2 ISO, or if you are able to isolate this error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.