1. This forum is in read-only mode.

error on dsi using r4i ?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iwantndsroms, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

hi ,my mate has just bought two dsi's one from china off of ebay and the other from the uk,he has 2 r4i's both from the same supplier the r4i's work in the chinese (one with a 2 pin plug)but neither card works in the uk dsi it just says error when he tries to load it?any ideas techno heads ! thankyou very much in advance.

2. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

umm mabey nintendo has found a way to block flashcards now in hardware updates.
    have the r4i's got 1.4 written on the box because if not the uk dsi could have an 1.4 softwere on it so the
    r4i's wont work.
    dont update the china one or it might not work on the dsi.
    if the r4i's arnt 1.4 compatible send them back because a company should not sell the old r4i's now.
    hope this helps....... :)

3. iwantndsroms

no neither of them are r4i sdhc v1.4 they are both r4i and it says upgrade revolution for ds next to it.Do you think a v1.4 r4i will work on the uk version dsi ?both the firmwares on the r4i's he has are identicle and the roms are too but as i say the china one is the only one that loads the r4i

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Prehaps the dsi's firmware has been upgraded recently (as in going to the dsi shop online).

Some flash carts have an upgrade that can get around this, but no idea if the r4 has such.

5. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

Here is a a site that has firmwire for the R4i with v1.4I DSI

http://www.r4rts.cn/product-en.htm#1

6. Kaptan

Kaptan Well-Known Member

It sounds like you have one DSi with version 1.4 and the other with an earlier version. To find out what versions you have on your DSi go to System Settings from the menu. On the bottom right corner of the top screen you will find the version written. Your R4i cards will not work on 1.4 version and there is no way of making them work so you will have to find one compatible.

7. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

yeah thats what i was trying to say :)

8. iwantndsroms

no they are exactly the same,i helped him make one r4 , put the roms and firmware on it and then copied the card to a file and then sent all that to a new sd card,both the r4s are identicle and both work in the chinese dsi but neither work in the uk bought dsi.ill try and update the firmware and try that but im sure i used the up to date firmware already ill let you know thanks again.

9. Kaptan

Kaptan Well-Known Member

The cards are exactly the same but the DSi's aren't and the firmware you put onto the cards won't make any difference if the card you have isn't compatible with version 1.4 of the DSi (which is suspect the uk one is). Check the versions of the DSi's as told previously.

10. iwantndsroms

ok i have got them both to work now,the r4i standard cart works on the chinese one and an r4i v.14 with the correct firmware works on the uk one but whatever firmware i put on the standard r4i it will not work on the uk one.Thanks for all your input romulating technoheads its greatlty appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.