1. This forum is in read-only mode.

epsxe save files being overwritten?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mort_subite, Nov 2, 2015.

1. mort_subite

mort_subite New Member

i7 3820, GTX970, game and executables are running off an HDD, if any of that is relevant.

Playing Silent hill on epsxe, version 1.9.26, DTLH3002 bios, trying to use an .mcr file with a previously saved game on it. For some reason, epsxe overwrites my .mcr files with fresh, blank files whenever I load the game. Memcard shows up ingame, its just blank on every game boot. The backup save file I'm trying to use in epsxe works fine in psxseven, so I know it's not the file. If I add the file to my memcard folder in epsxe, I can literally watch the time on the "date modified" attribute update to the current time right as I launch the iso. I have admin rights on epsxe.exe, read only is uncheck on the memcard folder, as well as the .mcr files, "Individual memcards by game" is unchecked in epsxe config, and I've only enabled one memcard slot, filepath is absolute. Any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is that I was using savestates along with ingame saves in epsxe until I got a corrupt savestate. However, I was able to use PSXmemtool to extract a valid memcard save (the one that runs fine on psxeven), so I figured I could just dump it back into epsxe's memcard folder and continue ingame, but epsxe keeps blanking the .mcr file. Even went so far as to delete everything in sstate after I backed up the corrupted savestate I pulled the working save file from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Games running fine on psxeven, but I'd just like to know what's going on here for future reference, in case I want to play a game that psxeven can't emulate.

Thanks!

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You can save and load normally e.g. new game still yes? The problem only lies with the save you specifically made with PSXMemTool? Have you tried the same process with a SH save that isn't yours? Tried using another clean copy of ePSXe?