1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ePSXe Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by GlennTheMage, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlennTheMage

GlennTheMage Member

I Have a Problem with the ePSXe Emulator for the PC
    Everytime If I try to start a game It gives me an error message
    I do have all the plug-ins and dll files for it but It still flakes out on me when I try to play a game

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What does the error say?

What game are you trying to play and what version of ePSXe are you using? What plugins?

3. GlennTheMage

GlennTheMage Member

standard Microsoft error what said that it Had to be closed because of it
    the whole pack I downloaded from on the forum here and the game I tried to play was Persona-Revelations(U)

4. TirithRR

What plugins are you using, what version of ePSXe are you using.

What is your graphics card on your computer?

5. GlennTheMage

GlennTheMage Member

I need to check for the whole list ePSXe 1.70 I think
    and graphics card I think the standard one that came with My PC I think
    (I can't find it btw) And I use 90 Plug-In's I Downloaded from this Forum I can't write all on here ^^'

6. TirithRR

I don't really care what plugins you have, I want to know what plugins you are using.

7. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Did you went trough the whole configuration before starting a game?

8. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Maybe you're missing zlib1.dll??

9. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Dont think so.

he said that the problens is meanwhile starting a game....

10. toolio20

toolio20 New Member

Glenn, I realize this is a pain in the arse, but you should go ahead and start the process from scratch, hopefully mitigating anything that went wrong, or at the very least assuring you've done all the requisites correctly so you can exclude them as potential issues. So, go ahead and uninstall everything, then:
    1. Go to the ePSXe site, download and install the program again (note the version number)
    2. Get zlib1.dll and drop it in the main ePSXe folder
    3. Install the appropriate BIOS files to the ePSXe folder "bios" (start with scph1001 for NTSC, scph7502 for PAL)
    4. Forego the 90+ plugins for now - go to Pete's domain and get the newest versions (1.77) of D3D, DX6 D3D, and OpenGL drivers and drop them in the ePSXe folder "plugins" (if none of these work you can always go back and try the older versions bundled with the other plugins, but start here)
    5. Fire up ePSXe and run through the Wizard (under the Config tab) - pick a graphics plugin, use default sound for now, and see if you have any luck

If you still can't get the thing working, USE GOOGLE: I've never heard of Persona:Revelations, but apparently its can work on ePSXe, and if all else fails it should run with pSX (a simpler emulator with less tweakability that requires DirectX 9 to work). It took me longer to type that than find it. And please state specifics - what exact error are you getting? Might not be an issue with the emulator at all...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.