1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ePSXe problem for FF IX

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by maxmahito, Jun 30, 2011.

1. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

The full moon gleams above in the sky, a wolf in the nearby forest howls.And my ePSXe 1.7.0 shows a black screen when I hit "Run Iso" button for Final Fantasy IX.
    My ePSXe is configured with a BIOS(SCHP1001), Pete's 1.18 video plugin, Pete's DS Sound audio 1.9, P.E.Op.S 1.4 driver.I can see some options of memory card and CD player and things like that when I "Run BIOS", but a simple-plain-pure black screen when I choose the game's .iso.
    I've downlaoded the game from a website.It was divided into 4 discs.And the files inside them are .ecm(a ~600GB file) and a .cue(1 kb file). Now what do I do for making my game run? I know conversion method of .ecm to .iso with Nero.But, I don't know if I have to make separate .iso's for all the 4 discs or a single .iso
    Please help me!

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

http://www.underground-gamer.com/wiki/index.php/ECM

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you need a separate ISO for each file. Also use ePSXe 1.5.2 for squaresoft/square enix games.

4. maxmahito

Thanks for the page, it gave me an alternative to the Nero iso proceess.
    Separate ISO? Okay.And 1.5.2? Sure, but doesn't the latest version offer more compatibility?

5. Loonylion

You'd think so, but not with squaresoft games it doesn't.

6. maxmahito

Working, I can see the game, YAY!!
    But, I don't want to be greedy, but it's uber slow....my CPU isn't a low configurated one.
    Intel i3 3.1Ghz
    DDR3 4GB ram
    Intel H55 HD graphics 1681 MB
    What should I do for speed up?

7. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Look for a epsxe tutorial or try psxfin, I use that emulator and never had a problem.

8. Loonylion

your graphics chip is probably the problem. Intel graphics chips are so-called 'hardware assisted' graphics, meaning the driver, or in other words, the CPU, does all the graphics work and the graphics chip itself does virtually nothing. So essentially your CPU is having to do all the intensive graphics calculations as well as having to emulate the PSX. It may be that the combination of the two tasks is too much for your CPU, which is a fairly low end model within the current line-up from intel.

9. maxmahito

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn gave me 70-80 FPS in dolphin.But, this FF game which has very less graphics than the previously said game is slow.Any kind of config/setup tweaks for the emulator or plugin to make it speedy?