1. This forum is in read-only mode.

epsxe problem- Do I meet the specs

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dann1387, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dann1387

dann1387 Member

I think my problem is that my graphics card is not good enough but I need to know for sure...

I am running epsxe 1.7 and every game I try to play (both CD an ISO) it runs laggy as all hell. I have tried different plugins and different configuration settings but they havent worked. I am assuming my computer just sucks. I will do my best to give you my specs but I am not computer savvy...

Pentium M Processor 1.60 GHz
    512MB Ram
    Directx 9.0c
    Graphics Card- ATI Mobility Radeon 9000, 32MB total memory

I think thats everything I need to provide, let me know if its not. I appreciate any help and Im sorry if I havent given the right infomation.

My current plugin is Pete's OpenGL Drivver 1.77, but I have had equally bad results with several other plugins. Please let me know.

Dan

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

what games have you tried? Also try ePSXe 1.5.2 and 1.6 because some versions work better with some games than others.

3. dann1387

dann1387 Member

I have tried a few CD games and a Xenogears ISO. I know for a fact epsxe 1.7 works with every game I have tried because I have the exact same emulator and games on a newer computer and they work fine. That is why I was under the assumption my older computer just wont support the emulator. I guess my real question is, is there anything I could do configuration wise to make the games playable.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Use the lowest resolution possible (640x480?) Configure all your graphics plugins to be the fast and poor quality.

Other than that there isn't much you can do.

5. dann1387

dann1387 Member

Hey thanks alot that worked. The game looks terrible but it runs and for that I am greatful. Thanks again.

6. cah37mtx

cah37mtx Member

try using psxfin because it has no plugins to configure and it only needs 1 bios file to play. i have a old dell with a pentium 2 in it in the bedroom and i can play alot of psx game on it when my girlfriend is using this pc

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The fact that PSXfin has not plugins makes it much less compatible. He got it working well enough with ePSXe, which is the better of the PSX emulators. Downgrading to PSXfin won't help him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.