1. This forum is in read-only mode.

EpsXe or PSXfin?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sexygod, Apr 27, 2010.

1. sexygod

sexygod New Member

i have had many problems with epsxe and i recently switched over to psxfin.
    All problems i had with epsxe were not present in psxfin at all!
    for example, FFVIII always had the battle screen and Xenogears ran alot better, and the Chrono Cross disk switching was flawless.
    im not trying to condemn EpsXe, i like the ability to switch plugins for every game, but just try out psxfin, it wont dissapoint you. plus psxfin is completely self-contained so there shouldnt be a problem with plugins, in fact all you have to do id find the BIOS

2. Try an older version of ePSXe to solve the disc changing, and for the graphics, you can just switch to another plugin or configure thee plugin settings or something like that.

For me, ePSXe is better

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

ePSXe is more compatible, and can be adjusted a lot more.

The reason some people like PSXfin, pSX, Seven, what ever other emulators they use better is because they don't need to adjust plugins. But that makes them overall less compatible, because not only don't they have to... they can't.

4. sexygod

sexygod New Member

yeah for noobies or lazy fat kids (such as myself) psxfin seems the better fit.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

for the games it works for. Which is less than ePSXe.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

ePSXe 1.7.0 does have a problem with the change disc option for a few games (but not all the time... some users have the problem, some don't). But this is solved by using 1.5.2 or 1.6.0

7. tamorak

tamorak Member

I just always save and assume it's going to not properly work /shrug