1. This forum is in read-only mode.

EPSXE Not loading >.<

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by _whistler_, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _whistler_

_whistler_ Member

Hey, basically I need help as for some reason my emulator (EPSXE) refuses to start now, basically I can load it fine, but now for some reason when I load a game (any game that worked beforehand) it loads up to a black screen then closes down.

Please someone help as soon as possible, thanks.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What version of ePSXe? What Graphics plugins do you have? What games are you trying to play?

3. _whistler_

_whistler_ Member

ePSXe version 1.7.0, P.E.Op.S Soft driver 1.18, Pete's D3D Drvier 1.76, Pete's DX6 D3D driver 1.77,
    And the Pete's open GL drivers, em, I've tried Nightmare creatures 2, spyro 1 and 2, and silent hill, but none of them work now.
    Post Merge: [time]1259798020[/time]
    Update, I tried Pete's Open GL driver 1.76 it loads but freezes before the game menu, like with Spyro I can see the sony computer entertainment europe presents bit but nothing happens.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Try different graphics plugin configurations. Try using Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 too. Depending on your graphics card, it may not support OpenGL and you'll need to use the D3D plugins (OpenGL is usually on Nvidia Graphics cards, others may not work well with it).

Download this plugin pack:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=600.0

5. _whistler_

_whistler_ Member

Nah it's still not working, I reformatted my computer and before hand I used the Pete's D3D driver 1.76 and it worked perfectly fine untill now.
    Post Merge: [time]1259804946[/time]
    I did notice though that when I click configure or test for the soft video plugin option it forces ePSXe to close down.
    Post Merge: [time]1259866957[/time]
    I think I figured it out, When I reformated mycomputer it like sorta lost my graphics and sound card (apparently its a common problem-.-) so I just had to reinstall the drivers and hey presto. But thanks for the help all the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.