1. This forum is in read-only mode.

epsxe memory card problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by yuna1785, Oct 5, 2012.

1. yuna1785

yuna1785 New Member

I'm playing breath of fire iv on ePSXe 1.7, and encountered this weird problem.

saved a file in the slot 1 memory card, it works fine.

a few hours later i needed another save file, but because both cards were full i put 2 new .mcr files in the memory card folder and configured the paths for both slots. when i try to save, it still reflects what was in the old memory cards (which were full)!

so i closed epsxe and loaded from the save state and tried again, but it still shows what was in the old memory cards! and if i try to overwrite the save (that was in old mem card 1), it appears to save, but when i close and reload, it doesn't reflect the changes.

am i doing something wrong? I've checked the paths for both memory cards and they are correct... I'm sorry i can't be more precise -_-

2. CronusInfini

CronusInfini New Member

From what I understood, your problem seems to be related to the Savestates. Are you loading the game from a savestate before doing a normal save through the game?

The thing is, when you make a savestate on ePSXe, it saves pretty much everything, including which Memory Cards were being used, so if you change the Memory Cards on the config and reload the savestate, the changes won't take effect.

The best way to get through this, is putting one of the empty Memory Cards and the one with the most recent savefile together, load the most recent savefile from the title screen (without loading a savestate), then saving it to the empty Memory Card.