1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ePSXe Memory Card Issues

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Azriel Delacroix, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Azriel Delacroix

Azriel Delacroix New Member

First and foremost, I'm new here to the forums. My name is Azriel Delacroix, and it is a pleasure to be here. Thank you for having me. :)

Secondly, I'd like assistance with a matter regarding my ePSXe's ability to function properly. I don't know what I did wrong, but no matter how many times I re-install it and re-configure it, it seems to no longer want to play games properly. The game will get past the company logo screen then it will remain black with no sound for the remainder.

The cause?

I was using ePSXeCutor to make new Memory Card Files (I'm using the 1.0.6.3 Pre-Release Version of Cutor, accompanied by ePSXe 1.7.0) and while at first it worked liked a charm and I had plenty of new memory cards to use and play with, something went horribly wrong somewhere. I think I configured ePSXe to save .mcr files outside of the memory card folder somehow, which is what's causing it to not work any more. I know this because every time I launch a game (which freezes up) and close the window, there's NEW .mcr files where there shouldn't be.

I don't know how to correct this error. I need to set it back so ePSXe accesses and saves .mcr files to the memcard folder again.

Would anyone be so kind as to help me set this right? I'd be ever so grateful.

Thank you in advance. :D

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

try running ePSXe directly (no cutor) and go to config -> memcards. The two boxes should say
    Code:
    memcards\epsxe000.mcr
    and
    Code:
    memcards\epsxe001.mcr

3. Azriel Delacroix

Still no luck I'm afraid. There's still no sound, the games (I've tried it with several. Breath of Fire III, Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, Final Fantasy VIII...) won't load past the logo screen, and the .mcr files are still saving outside the memcard folder.

4. Loonylion

then that suggests its cutor thats screwed up, not epsxe

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Maybe give the Psxv1.13 a try...

It don't require any plugins, But yes it will make it own memcards on use of the emulator.

http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/

This emu is much better for the Final fantasy games.

6. Loonylion

epsxe 1.5.2 works perfectly for the final fantasy games.

7. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Yes, But long time no play !lol myself.

8. Azriel Delacroix

I've managed to play Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX without a single problem on ePSXe 1.7.0. In fact the only two games that ever gave me problems in my library are Brave Fencer Musashi and Erhgeiz: God Bless The Ring.

Anyway I think I should just get a fresh download. That should fix everything hopefully. Thank you all for your advice.