1. This forum is in read-only mode.

EPSXE Memory Card Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fennyariel, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

I'm playing Legend of Legaia and it won't save. It'll do a savestate just fine but I won't stay stuck to a memory card. It goes through the procedure at a save point OK, but when I shut everything down and start the game again the only thing I see highlighted on the main screen is new game. Could somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Have you put your mem.card in the folder??

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The problem is your memory card configuration. It's pointing to a directory that doesn't exist.

If the folder path doesn't exist, ePSXe will not create a memory card file. In game it will act normally and seem like it saves. But once you shut down the emulator, the save game will disappear. This is a tried and tested error that is easily duplicated.

Verify the path and file name of your memory card configuration and your .mcr files.

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

just make memcard folder and configure the path just like Tirith told ye...

5. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

Oh I've done everything I'm supposed to as far as setting things up right, it just plain refuses to save.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...have you tried other games just to test?

My epsxe came with a memory card folder-with the files already in it-but prehaps you need to save the config properly...

Always set the settings you want by doing it, then exiting out, the opening it again...

If you point to the mem. folder, but play without closing off the program, it won't save any changes, a funny thing about epsxe...

Try it-change a plugin, play for like 2 seconds-and it won't remember what you did!

Change it-quit out-then double check and play-so easy just unusual at first.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The other two users who had this problem said the exact same thing too.

Double and Triple check your memory card Filename and FULL PATH.

Read these two threads:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=14364.0
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=11500.0

These users had the exact same issue, and all it takes is a tiny change in the path of the memory card to cause it.

Edit:
    So, any update? Was your problem resolved or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.