1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ePSXe ISOs

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by A1X_Jet, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A1X_Jet

A1X_Jet Member

Howdy everybody. I'm a complete noobenheimer when it comes to this right here, but I was wondering is there a flat out detailed tutorial to get ePSXe to run using romulation.net ISOs? I've been at this for about three hours now and I guess I'm just not doing something correctly. I'd really appreciate the help.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes, there is a good ePSXe tutorial in the Tutorial Section:

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=8528.0

3. A1X_Jet

A1X_Jet Member

dude do you actually need the original game cd to play the iso's, cause now i'm starting to read words like illegal and legal and i'm like "uh oh". i don't wanna do anything stupid or illegal so this question is basically general, should i not be trying to play this emulator and games if i dont already own the game?

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Dude, you are on this forum...
    You are doing what? Downloading games?
    You're already in illegal territory. Who cares.

5. A1X_Jet

A1X_Jet Member

Niiiice. hahaha

Still, I don't own the game I'm trying to play which is why I'm downloading it in the first place, am I screwed?

6. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

If your screwed then you won't go down alone. :D Just don't go running out and shout off the rooftops about it, or worse try to sell what you download, think of it as Try Before You Buy.

7. A1X_Jet

A1X_Jet Member

What I mean is am I screwed to play the game? I don't really give a rats ass about it being illegal, I've got an iPod after all, and Limewire is no hidden gem.

8. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

What do you mean?
    What game?
    I'm sure it plays just fine, just gotta have the right settings, and the right version...

9. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

"Screwed" as in lack of being able to get said game to work for ePSXe?, you shouldn't be if you set everything up correctly the guide TirithRR linked up should help, but if your still having problems just post it up in the best detail possible. "Screwed" as in its because you don't own said game? Nope your OK there too. Now if I missed something your just going to have to clarify your term of "screwed".

10. XxInFlaMeSxX

XxInFlaMeSxX New Member

did you install the plugins as for graphics, sound, cd an stuff? and you'll need to have a bios to get it run... anyways..the rom itself is legal as long as you have the original game at home... i think the bios is the real illegal thing here because that's owned by sony.. :p

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

ON TOPIC PEOPLE!

Ok, let's try some things...

1.You don't need a cd for it to work-sure you can play them via epsxe if you want a near psx experience, if you have it (even burned copies work) but no need

2.When you downloaded the game, if it's ccd format-KEEP THEM ALL IN THE SAME PLACE

3.After you set the configuration (make sure you do this-ay?)

4.WHich version are you using-I use 1.7.0-it can play all iso formats (mdf/mds, ccd, iso...)

5.Use the "load iso" format-you should see something...

6.If all else fails-get a "virtual drive"-I suggest alchol 52% if you want something free-get a virtual drive-mount the iso (a right click option-works just like a cd drive for iso's) and configure the emu so it's cd drive is the virtual one's letter

7...make sure when you make changes to the emu that you exit to commit changes-they won't save if you change and try to use it stright away...

8.Some places that have epsxe don't give you plugins...there is a pack here somewhere that is preset-just needs set up...

I see nothing wrong with this-downloading games is already illegal-as long as you don't sell it or try to make profit I see no reason to get into trouble, unlike me-I dump my games and sell them back/do a store return XD

The whole freaking world knows where this site is anyway-just don't do anything stupid and you'll be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.