1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ePSXe Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DTheRPGFan657289, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTheRPGFan657289

DTheRPGFan657289 Well-Known Member

Many times in the past, I tried to download the ePSXe emulator along with the respective packs required to get it to work. When I tried to download it, it downloads fine. And then it gets to the part where I have to track the .ISO file (I believe). I have the ISO pack downloaded, but when I try to select Browse to track it, Browse refuses to acknowledge that it's there. I click on Browse and it does nothing, not even go to another folder to check. Of course, this was on a school comp. I'll try downloading it again on my laptop, but I worry I might run into the same problem. Could someone please offer me a step by step process in this topic of how to get the latest ePSXe (I think this is the most favorable emulator's title) situated so I can play PSX roms on my laptop?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Make sure to extract the compressed file you download using WinRAR or WinZip (depending if it is a .rar or .zip) or 7zip if it is a 7z file.

The ISO is contained inside the compressed file, and will not be recognized until you extract it using those programs.

3. vhiznu

vhiznu Well-Known Member

when you download it....check the file format...
    is it a zip...or exe file.... (newer epsxe is usually zipped!)
    if its a zip...extract like Tririth said...
    if it exe...then just install it first....
    run the epsxe (joystick icon)....you need the bios file,the zlib.dll...to run it properly...
    check the video and audio plugin too...for a newer one....good luck :)

4. DTheRPGFan657289

I've got WinAce on my laptop, so I'll try it out tonight and hope it works. Otherwise, I'll post my problem more specifically and detail it. As always, I love the help and look forward to turning my laptop into a PSX emulator (eventually)...any websites recommended to download the whole file from, spyware/adware free of course...?

5. DTheRPGFan657289

never mind. googled and found the official site. Downloaded version 1.7.0. Hopefully, it'll have everything I need. if not, I'll console those who have been helpful with specifics as to my problems.

6. DTheRPGFan657289

I got it to work finally! It's so fricking sensitive! If you don't have a particular file in its listed folder, it smacks you upside the head. And I don't even need a ton of ROMS either! I can play em on my laptop! I feel so special now! Now if I could get a PSP emulator that actually works...I'd be set...!

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I don't understand that. It doesn't matter what folder you have the file in, as long as you have the correct files.

8. vhiznu

vhiznu Well-Known Member

hahaa great to hear that.... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.