1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ePSXe help on FF8.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by K3Nyy, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K3Nyy

K3Nyy New Member

I've searched through many topics and also googled this and tried most, if not all of the solutions to no avail.

So my problem is, when I go into battle, there's no text at all. When I press pause, there's no pause message. I can play the game fine except for this problem though.

A lot of people seem to have this problem but they all fixed it by changing their fast option to nice on the video configuration. I tried that but it didn't work. I also tried using ePSXe 1.52 but it came up with the same problem. Anyone have any solutions? Help is appreciated.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Plugins can be found hear

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/psxplugins-tools.html

If you have a good graphics card that suports opengl, Then try Pete's OpenGL2 PSX GPU 2.0.9

They should be a Special game fixes section that has final fantasy game fixes

3. K3Nyy

K3Nyy New Member

I have those plugins already but they don't fix the problem. I also didn't see any special fixes for FF8 specifically on the special fixes list. But thanks for your quick response and help. ^^

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

In the Pete's OpenGL2 PSX GPU 2.0.9 plugin

They is one saying, Nice in FF7/FF8. OD=1, Fe=2,Fu=2

Its worth a try

5. K3Nyy

K3Nyy New Member

My computer's pretty old, about 4-5 years I think. Not sure if it'll work but I'll give it a try. Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.