1. This forum is in read-only mode.

epsxe emulator

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mapleleafy, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mapleleafy

mapleleafy Member

I am using epsxe emulator to run iso roms. However, there seems to be an issue with compatibility. When I try configuring Pete's Open GL2 plugins, the emulator says no WGL extentions. Then, when I try Gl1, D3D etc plugins they work fine. So my graphics card details are:

Name: Radeon X1550 series
    Manufacturer: ATI technologies Inc.
    Chip type: Radeon X1300 Series (0x7187)
    DAC Type: Internal DAC(400 mHz)
    Approx Total memory : 382 mb
    Current display mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (70 Hz)
    Monitor: Generic PnP monitor
    RAM: 1022 MB :(
    DirectDraw, Direct3D and AGP Texture acceleration are enabled. I am using vista home premium build 6001, and I have directx10.
    My system is intel core2 duo.
    Can anyone give a suggestion as to how I will be able to use OpenGL2 plugins? Any comments are appreciated.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

your graphics card does not support OpenGL2. Or vista doesn't.

3. cah37mtx

cah37mtx Member

vista does not support the emulator so either upgrade to xp or try using a different emulator like psxfin. since it does not use plugins and only 1 bois file that might work for you.

4. Loonylion

pSX/psxfin is not a widely compatible emulator. ePSXe is considerably better. vista supports the emulator fine.

5. vhiznu

vhiznu Well-Known Member

upgrade your vga card.... ;)

6. Loonylion

you MUST have a Nvidia card if you want to use OpenGL. ATI cards don't support it.

7. decceko

decceko Member

all of my data in mi memory card just dissappered and im using epsxe

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

First open up the configuration of the memory cards in ePSXe. Look at the path and file name of the slot 1 and slot 2 cards. In windows, browse to that location, and make sure those files are there.

You may have moved your ePSXe folder, and the files used to be in a diferent path, and now that path has changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.